• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Unearthed Arcana: 16 New Feats

"Today’s Unearthed Arcana presents a selection of new feats for Dungeons & Dragons. Each feat offers a way to become better at something or to gain a whole new ability." https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/feats The feats include Artificer Initiate, Chef, Crusher, Eldritch Adept, Fey Touched, Fighting Initiate, Gunner, Metamagic Adept, Poisoner, Piercer, Practiced Expert...

"Today’s Unearthed Arcana presents a selection of new feats for Dungeons & Dragons. Each feat offers a way to become better at something or to gain a whole new ability."

Ec0zu9OU8AA8eVM.jpg

The feats include Artificer Initiate, Chef, Crusher, Eldritch Adept, Fey Touched, Fighting Initiate, Gunner, Metamagic Adept, Poisoner, Piercer, Practiced Expert, Shadow Touched, Shield Training, Slasher, Tandem Tactician, and Tracker.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I should have thought to mention something for Druids. They really don't have a lot of great options for feats or magic items outside of Warcaster

This is likely why it is the least played class on D&D beyond. not only is it the most complex class it is also hard disk to customize and has one of the narrowest amount of archetypes in historic fantasy.

Maybe if there was an 'Elemental Touched'?

I mentioned this many pages back. I was thinking something like shield or chromatic orb plus on 1st level abjuration/evocation spell.

Maybe even Divine Touched for the full Fey/Shadow/Elemental/Divine suite.

Li Shenron

Legend
I sent my feedback too. It was significantly better than what I thought it would have been when I first read the UA, but I managed to see more bright sides.

I still included my criticism, especially about allowing to retrain. As well as a few things which I think are a mistake like Crusher technically allowing to hit someone with a sling and move it towards you.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I hope they make more plane touched feats. This could be how they make plane-touched characters a thing in a Planescape book.

A Planescape book with a Touched feat for each would be cool.

I'd prefer the designers to spread it to all types of planes for settings that use other plane models like the Axis, Tree, Omniverse, Mountains, etc that DM could use.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
A Planescape book with a Touched feat for each would be cool.

I'd prefer the designers to spread it to all types of planes for settings that use other plane models like the Axis, Tree, Omniverse, Mountains, etc that DM could use.
I don't think that could be done well. If WotC wants to make planar feats for Planescape, they're not going to include feats for the Eberron planes.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I don't think that could be done well. If WotC wants to make planar feats for Planescape, they're not going to include feats for the Eberron planes.

I was thinking something more general that a DM could pick and choose and not specific planes.
  • Celestial Touched
  • "Slaadi" Touched
  • "Clockwork" Touched
  • Elemental Touched
  • Far Touched
  • Fey Touched
  • Fiend Touched
  • Giant Touched
  • Shadow Touched

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Nice, they are up on DnDbeyond. I might copy some of them to see how they allow you to use a spell slot after your initial use. Although as I type this, I realise that you can just select the slot you want to use and mark it used so probably no different to magic initiate which is what I'm wanting to update.

Chaosmancer

Legend
Oh good point!

Maybe if there was an 'Elemental Touched'? I guess Shield Training since they have terrible AC?And you can always improve your casting repertoire with Magic Initiate Cleric or Druid. I think Savage Attacker can fit the Beast Shape version.

Druid's have shield prof, and all you have to do is say "my half-plate is made of Bullete Carapace" and you can wear any medium armor just fine, so they have decent AC.

Magic Initiate is great though, took that for my Booming Blade + Shillelagh Combo and got Identify.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads