D&D 5E Unused Content 4th poll

Have you ever used a Morningstar, Flail, Blowgun or Net?

• Yes, and I had a positive experience.

Votes: 29 47.5%
  • Yes, and I had a negative experience.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • No, I have not used any of these.

Votes: 30 49.2%

• Poll closed .

shadowoflameth

Adventurer
In 5E, in actual play, have you used any of these at all during the time that they have been published options? I will be posting several polls separately to get a feel for what people are actually doing.
Thank You everyone for your thoughtful comments. I'll share that I did this series of polls because these are truly options that I have not seen anyone take at all in hundreds of sessions over the years with dozens of players. I don't say 'never' lightly. I see about half agreeing with my experience which is significant, but most of the rest used these and had a good experience. Mechanically, the flail is as good as some other weapons, for me it's just that there isn't any pressing reason to pick it except flavor and the blowgun is worse with only one damage point and ammo. The biggest reason people cited for differing from what my table has done is flavor but some brought up creative uses, especially for the net. Using spells or feats to overcome the disadvantage any time I'm within range problem. Good stuff everyone, very enlightening.

Remove ads