• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Up from the Dust: IC

Ashy

First Post
LeifVignirsson said:
Grundy smiles as he kneels down and pets HUme, his snow fox.

Sorry about the yelling, kid. You will get kibble, I promise...

As Grundy puts on his clothes and adjusts his gear, he walks up to a very confused Valandra and pats her on the head.

Did I not say it was suicide to follow me around? Well, here we are... Are you ok?

Grundy gives her a quick cehk with his eyes and a few touches here and there to make sure bones aren't broken. He turns to the others and smiles, turning on the Vizier charm...

Everyone, these are my companions. Hume is my familiar, someone I adore very much and Valandra is my dragon. She is a bit... gifted... so don't let her... gifts... fool you. And don't stare her in the eyes, she hates that. Right, so what are we planning to do?

OOC: FYI - all of your clothes and gear appear on you as soon as you concentrate upon them... Once you have them on, you can take them off, however, should you be so inclined... Also, I generally do not play familiars or followers, unless you want me to, but once you make the call, they are mine to keep. ;)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Jalen watches the others, and concentrating carefully, calls forth her clothing, equipment, supplies, weapons, even a pair of mules and a loaded wagon. She starts a bit when everything suddenly appears, but seems impossibly relieved to have something familiar again.*

"Illmater, thank you for Your mercy upon your bewildered servant," she says in a low voice.

*Roth stares at the open door for a moment, and then looks back at the others. When one asks what his clothes look like, he begins another lengthy monologue, which eventually ends up with him being decently clothed and armed. Turning back to the door, he looks at the pretty colors.*

"It's very pretty don't you think? It looks like porriage, do you think we can eat it? Is it warm, is it cool? Can we swim through it?" Roth wonders aloud, poking the colors.

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Wato thinks on his fine horse and familiar.

"are all the portals of same color?," "maybe ther's some diferences in them that could point us into the right direcction, if any..." he starts to count the doors around him and realize that numbers isn't he's thing. "how many doors can you count?" does he say to the group

occ:
how many doors is it?

Around you is a great expanse of white - as far as the eye can see. On either side of you, in a line stretching into infinity, are plain wooden doors. Each is identical to the other...

sorry ignore last question question

Last edited:

LeifVignirsson

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"It's very pretty don't you think? It looks like porriage, do you think we can eat it? Is it warm, is it cool? Can we swim through it?" Roth wonders aloud, poking the colors.

I wouldn't do that if I were you, I believe the general rule of "Don't touch if it isn't yours" applies here.

Grundy looks at his fox and smiles.

However, if anyone can pick up a trail, it is my Hume...

OOC: I have no problem in playing the parts of my followers/familiars. My other DM off boards is a stickler for being in control of them.

Wyrm99

First Post
Milo concentrates on each of his belonging - one by one. As they appear he checks each one out and stores it appropriately.

Ashy

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:

The moment Roth touches the colors of the portal, he vanishes without a sound.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO ONE BUT ROTH READS THIS!

Roth:
One moment, you are in the great white hallway and the next you are underwater. You are quickly sinking into what seems to be a "cave" formed of tighly woven and interconnected sea weed and water plants of some sort (see link below). While there is very little light, there seems to be some light source coming from somewhere, highlighting the "walls" and "ceiling" of this watery cave. Despite the fact that the fear of drowning is welling up in your breast, the ringing alarms in your head (which have not ceased until this moment), pause - a tinny voice replaces the alarm. [smallcaps]"...repeat...we have a breach and now a confirmed ***static***rossing - all viable units should respond at onc***static***"[/smallcaps].

Again, the alarm bells begin ringing.

OOC: linkPlease ignore the diver - he is not there. Sorry - the best I could do.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
LeifVignirsson said:
OOC: I have no problem in playing the parts of my followers/familiars. My other DM off boards is a stickler for being in control of them.

OOC: sounds good - you are in control.

Last edited:

Ashy

First Post
NO ONE BUT ADUATH READS THIS:

The moment that Roth vanishes, you begin to hear a ringing alarm, much like a klaxon, going off, over and over again, in your head.

Last edited:

Komodo

First Post
The imp pulls forth his possessions, gives everything a cursory inspection, and appears satisfied. Looking up and seeing the human vanish through the portal, however, brings a sour look across his fiendish features. "Well, that one's gone and done it. I suppose we'll all have to follow him, right? I mean, that woman at the desk said we were stuck with eachother. Let's go," he says, and flies into the portal through which Roth disappeared.

Vendetta

First Post
After getting his clothes and gear back, Wayne sweats for a few moments thinking about his truck passing through his navel. Which, of course, came shortly after he decided to try and was unsuccessful in pulling out a hot stripper. He thinks about his truck and decides that perhaps he'll wait until they go through the door before trying to pull it out...

((OOC unless he thinks he could drive the truck through the door... don't know how big it is.))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads