D&D 5E Update: Amazon, PHB for $22.50~ (or MM $25.40~, DMG $25.40~), and $10 off when preordering the DMG, MM and something else together

volanin

Adventurer
Is that required? Amazon's preorder guarrantee is that if your order lowers in price before its ships that you get the lower price.

Does that apply to "special offers" like these?

Yes, I believe it's required. The preorder guarantee works if the price of an item lowers before it's shipped, but you cannot apply a discount code after your order has been registered.

Edit: Unless you contact support as variant said, but then, I guess it would be even more trouble then cancelling and preordering again!

Last edited:

volanin

Adventurer
Hmm. Wouldn't that make it so your order wouldn't ship until the latest of the 3 books was ready?

That's what I thought would happen, but:

1. I ordered the PHB, HotDQ and Seconds togheter, and Seconds has already arrived.

2. I ordered the MM, DMG and RoT togheter, but amazon is saying that the estimated delivered for MM is October 14th (international shipping), way before the other two books are released.

And I did check the option for reducing shipping costs by packaging in as few shippiments as possible. Maybe this behavior is not guaranteed, and I got lucky this time.

samursus

Explorer
That's what I though would happen, but:

1. I ordered the PHB, HotDQ and Seconds togheter, and Seconds has already arrived.

2. I ordered the MM, DMG and RoT togheter, but amazon is saying that the estimated delivered for MM is October 14th (international shipping), way before the other two books are released.

And I did check the option for reducing shipping cost by packaging in as few shippiments as possible. Maybe this behavior is not guaranteed, and I got lucky this time.
Cool! Actually, if I recall amazon is good for shipping as soon as they are released without extra shipping charges. Unfortunately Amazon.ca doesn't recognize the code. :(

variant

Adventurer
Thanks for checking. I suppose some folks with other family members might be able to order through them to make multiple purchases. Another $10 or $20 bucks that could go toward minis, right? :D

Actually, thinking about it, the code itself does seem to imply it is just for the core three books when ordered together.

Only things in the book category. All the miniatures seem to be in the toys & games category.

Last edited:

SquareKnot

Explorer
It looks like Amazon just either changed this or added an additional promotion. The new code is BUY3GET30. I don't know if you can use both the BUY3GET20 and BUY3GET30, if the old code is now invalid, or what. It might be worth giving both codes a try if you want to order 6 books (the big three plus a DM screen plus Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat, for example) or try this code if the old code is not accepted.

Also note that at 30% off, if you buy the Player's Handbook for $29.97, you're only $3.36 away from the maximum savings of $10.00. So just a PHB plus two $1.68 kids books meets the 3 book requirement. So you can effectively get a PHB for $23.33 dollars (and give away the two kids books if you want). If you can find two other even cheaper books, you might save more.

Last edited:

Samurai

Adventurer
Thanks for letting us know! I just pre-ordered the MM and DMG and a Savage Sword of Conan Essentials and got $10 off.

CrusaderX

First Post
I ended up buying the D&D Players Handbook and the D&D Starter Set.

To take advantage of the sale, I also bought the novel The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle, which I've been wanting to finally read for awhile now. It was $10.12, so I basically got this novel for free with the discount code.

I added The Last Unicorn Blu Ray, on sale right now for $5, to round out a nice little fantasy haul for the day.

variant

Adventurer
It looks like Amazon just either changed this or added an additional promotion. The new code is BUY3GET30. I don't know if you can use both the BUY3GET20 and BUY3GET30, if the old code is now invalid, or what. It might be worth giving both codes a try if you want to order 6 books (the big three plus a DM screen plus Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat, for example) or try this code if the old code is not accepted.

Also note that at 30% off, if you buy the Player's Handbook for $29.97, you're only $3.36 away from the maximum savings of $10.00. So just a PHB plus two $1.68 kids books meets the 3 book requirement. So you can effectively get a PHB for $23.33 dollars (and give away the two kids books if you want). If you can find two other even cheaper books, you might save more.

Thanks! I updated my thread.

Remove ads