• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Urn Your Pay (Rae judging)

Halford

First Post
Erf looks thoughtful.

"Well that whole haul is a bitte more than we can pay for up front, so how would ye feel about us bringing someone in on the deal? Maybe someone who might set up a permanent trade with ye? If Sister Anemone could recommend anyone we'd be happy to talk to them, 'n if not we can sound a few folks out, I am sure some of them are as anxious as you to resume tradeing.

Otherwise we can probably bring some in increments, maybe everything exceptin' the weapons. I think we could stretch that and without stirring up any trouble. As for the weapons if we show the folks they can trade with you without worry hopefully they'll be up for it. If not I'd be happy to take care of it in a few weeks when we get done - ye'd have me word though I can understand why that might not be enough."

OOC: No worries Covaithe, nice to be back btw.

Erf is of course absolutely sincere in his offer to get the weapons later, and would rent a wagon in Orussus paying for the weapons and anything else the lizardfolk needed with his pay from the adventure. He would propose to meet the lizardfolk at the Northern endge of the swamp away from the Village to avoid trouble.

serow

First Post
Ter-raen is a little surprised at the way things are turning out. Work for man, hunt for map. Work for lizard, hunt for things. Who we work for next? What we hunt for next? He wants to interrupt Erf a bit, to bring them back onto hunting for map. But Erf's enthusiasm, plus Ter-raen's own want to walk around the place a bit more, stays his words.

covaithe

Explorer
Apikotoa regards Erf with half-lidded eyes. "No weapons? That ees not helpful, but I understand your weesh not to cause trouble by buyeeng so many weapons een thees town. I would accept your word to help set up trade at a later time, eef your word were accompanied by a suitable geeft. A bow or crossbow, weeth ammuneetion, would be welcome."

[sblock=ooc]Thanks for the notice, Serow.[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"Well I think we could swing that! Consider it a deal if me chums are okay with it."

Erf turns back to his party awaiting their responses.

"What do ye think lads?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim's counting on his fingers. "Wappens niver come cheap, an' bows ur th' warst. Ah dinnae think we can buy everythin' he brattled off, mebbe efter th' first roond ay tradin'. Th' pots an' tuils an' th' like arenae sae dear - mah pootch will stretch tae that nae bother - but they're ackwart tae carry. Mebbe if we coud cairy them oan a boat like th' guid sister's."

covaithe

Explorer
Ter-raen shrugs, not liking to give away good weapons, but hopeful of returning the group to the task at hand.

Cyian's hand steals to the bow that he acquired from the first set of bandits. His hand clutches around it protectively for a moment, then falls away. He makes to unsling it from his shoulder, then hesitates again, glancing at Gildrim. It seems that the decision of whether or not to follow Erf's plan is in the dwarf's hands.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Aye, gae oan, laddie. Even if th' lizardfowk war minded tae hunt mair than watterfowl, which Ah misbelieve, they'd nae git far wi' ane bow an' a score ay arrows," Gildrim says.

"Noo this wappen wis taen frae a wickit reiver oan th' road," he addresses Apikotoa. "This ane" - with a nod of the head to Ter-raen - "kilt him guid, in several bitties. Ye willnae be bothered aboot receivin' such a thing?"[sblock=OOC]Apikotoa is a good Tongan name, I believe.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Cyian hands his shortbow and quiver to Apikotoa, who nods in satisfaction. "A fine geeft. I weel show you to all the heels nearby. There are not many. One ees perhaps an hour's journey south, and there are two more near the reever. We weel see those tomorrow, eef what you seek ees not at the first heel. Are you ready to go now?"

[sblock=ooc]
Apikotoa is a good Tongan name, I believe.
Caught! :) I was watching the Rugby World Cup a lot when I was coming up with this adventure, and I stole a few names. Most of them I forgot, and re-made-up for this iteration, but Apikotoa stuck.
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
[Sblock=Rugby World Cup]How did it go? Who won? Where did England finish? As an Englishman living in the U.S I haven't really been following proper sports.[/Sblock]

Erf beams.

"There we go! Well I'm ready if the rest of me pals are. What do ye say folks ye up for a wee bitte swamp trekkin'?"

Erf mounts up as he speaks ruffling Fenenn's fur fondly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads