Who wins?

• Vader

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Soth

Votes: 14 36.8%

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Depends who gets initiative.

I could see Vader trying to Force-choke Soth and failing, which lets Soth get a fireball in (I'm going to assume Soth can size up Vader and assume he has too many HP for a PWK.) If Soth gets initiative, bang, fireball.

My sympathies are actually with Vader as the star of the larger franchise, but that's the way I see it.

If you really wanted there are d20 stats for each from the 3e era.
Vader senses the attack and force leaps out of range. Plus he can deflect energy as we see in Empire Strikes Back.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Interestingly, both characters are said to have 17 class levels using the 3E rules; Darth Vader in the Star Wars Core Rulebook: Revised Edition and Lord Soth in The War of the Lance sourcebook. But the latter also has a +5 CR template ("Death Knight of Krynn") from the 3.5 Dragonlance Campaign Setting, so in terms of comparable mechanics, Soth seems to have the edge.

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
Interestingly, both characters are said to have 17 class levels using the 3E rules; Darth Vader in the Star Wars Core Rulebook: Revised Edition and Lord Soth in The War of the Lance sourcebook. But the latter also has a +5 CR template ("Death Knight of Krynn") from the 3.5 Dragonlance Campaign Setting, so in terms of comparable mechanics, Soth seems to have the edge.

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

Realistically you'd have to go through each of those massive stat blocks and try to use all the abilities to their best, which would require a good knowledge of both games. I don't even want to think about it.

Morrus: would it be fair use for me to go to the links, buy the gamebooks, and post the stat blocks here?

Remove ads