Vecna: Eve of Ruin

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming May 21st!

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
They've carefully considered the FR timeline up to this point. It just seems odd to have the other settings rebooted in a linked multiverse when FR isn't. You mention 5e Vecna is very different to the older Vecnas. What are some of the differences?
So, the whole central shtick here are the time-wimey obelisks of timeline resetting, which have apparently already been used by Vecna prior to Icewind Dale and the Shattered Obelisk: this is not a static Newtonian time approach.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I want to know: Why is it that "we" (ENWorlders) think that the image on the back is of Avernus? I mean, it kind of looks like it... but it has a SUN. Avernus does not.

I want to know: Why is it that "we" (ENWorlders) think that the image on the back is of Avernus? I mean, it kind of looks like it... but it has a SUN. Avernus does not.
The falling meteor-like fireballs and the very distinctive floating fortresses, both of which are pretty exclusive to Avernus. The sun is either an artistic error, or a fireball coming straight at the viewer.

And the alt cover has the symbols that were used for Ravenloft, Spelljammer, and Descent to Avernus. That points to the art on the regular cover being Avernus as well.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
The symbols on the back cover of the FLGS edition are those used on the spines for for Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus, Spelljammer, and Planescape. The scenes on the regular cover look to match those 3.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
You mean aside from the Sun, sure. I guess maybe it's a Solar Insidiator (if you know, you know...)
I think that guess is spot on. Unless it is an art error (which I think is unlikely), that's got to be the Solar Insidiator from Descent. Which is interesting, since it strongly suggests that not only is Eve of Ruin going to return to the locations of past adventures but also the timelines of those adventures. That's consistent with all the previous hints that Eve involves time travel shenanigans.​

Doctor Who had two stories that featured the series going some weird other universes even before Inferno in 1970. In fact, one of them was The Celestial Toymaker in 1966, whose main antagonist just made a reappearance in the 60th anniversary special after a 57 year absence...
Yeah, but there is a difference between "outside the natural universe" (D&D's Inner and Outer Planes, Ravenloft) and "alternative natural universe" (Alternative Prime Material/Campaign Setting crossover).

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
I think that guess is spot on. Unless it is an art error (which I think is unlikely), that's got to be the Solar Insidiator from Descent. Which is interesting, since it strongly suggests that not only is Eve of Ruin going to return to the locations of past adventures but also the timelines of those adventures. That's consistent with all the previous hints that Eve involves time travel shenanigans.​
Well, thst would fit in with Death House coming back, too.

Witchlight/Domains of Delight are not one of the settings mentioned.

That being said she might appear in the Adventure, but not as one of the 3 Archmages, but rather her Archfey form or via an intermediary or clone or something.
Point out the Tasha/Iggwiv also connects to The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, which is the only adventure confirmed as being in Infinite Staircase.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads