Vecna: Eve of Ruin

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming May 21st!

Got an email from D&D Beyond with a new detail, the Legendary character Dossier is 11 legendary characters, not just the 3 Archmages and they come with stats and almost sound like they are playable. At minimum I think the 11 legendary fugures are seperate from the 30 monsters.

"The Time of Vecna is Nigh
In this new high stakes adventure, all that stands between Vecna and complete dominion over the multiverse is your party!

Change the multiverse's fate in this powerful high-level adventure for characters level 10–20

Pit your players against over 30 fearsome monsters from across the multiverse

Play as legendary D&D figures with 11 character dossiers full of secrets, exclusive insights, and stat blocks

Unleash the potential of true secrets with unique new mechanics

Use 32 maps to explore iconic D&D locations, including Eberron, Ravenloft, and Greyhawk"

From the WPN sitw.

"Vecna: Eve of Ruin
Release Date: May 21, 2024
Who will save existence?
The notorious lich Vecna is weaving a ritual to eliminate good, obliterate the gods, and subjugate all worlds. To stop Vecna before he remakes the universe, the heroes work with three of the multiverse’s most famous archmages, travel to far-flung locales, and rebuild the legendary Rod of Seven Parts.

Vecna: Eve of Ruin™ is a high-stakes Dungeons & Dragons adventure in which the fate of the multiverse hangs in the balance. The heroes begin in the Forgotten Realms® and travel to Planescape®, Spelljammer®, Eberron®, Ravenloft®, Dragonlance®, and Greyhawk® as they race to save existence from obliteration.

A Dungeons & Dragons adventure for characters of levels 10–20.

For use with the fifth edition Player’s Handbook®, Monster Manual®, and Dungeon Master’s Guide®.

Contents:
Dare you say his name? Fans of Stranger Things will be delighted to discover that Vecna is back – with a vengeance. This notorious D&D villain has set his sights on something more terrifying than ever: the end of existence itself.
Dungeon Masters and players alike will unlock their full potential in this epic high-level adventure, which is designed for 10th to 20th level characters. You hold the power to change the multiverse, so what are you waiting for? Legends aren't born – they're made.
Join the battle for the multiverse alongside legendary allies who you may recognize from other D&D adventures. This book includes detailed character dossiers with exclusive insight into these illustrious figures.
Journey through memorable fantasy locations during your race to save existence. From the wild space galaxies of Spelljammer® to the mist-shrouded vistas of Ravenloft®, your quest will carry you all over the D&D multiverse.
Take on over 30 terrifying new monsters spawning from all over the multiverse. Battling these beasts will bring you one step closer to foiling Vecna's plans and vanquishing evil, once and for all."

Who do you think will be the 11 Legendary figures and will that include the 3 Archmages (my guess is yes)?

I think it will certainly include Drizzt, Minsc, Tasha, Van Richten, Mordenkien, Dalamar, and Elminister. Maybe Fizban. Maybe the Nameless One.

I don't think Volo will be high enough level for this adventure.

I'm not sure who would be chosen from Planescape of its not Morte or Nameless One, Spelljammer, or Eberron (Vi? Who else can even leave Eberron for the wider multiverse? Vol? Lord of Blades?).

Last edited:

I wonder if Vecna wants to create a world like the Athasian Tablelands ( Dark Sun).
Maybe we could "new" settings, reboots of forgotten titles what need an update. Or the paraelemental planes could return as "spirit realm".

Other point is if Vecna could, he would kill, or steal the power by Tharizdum, the chained deity or the elder elemental eye. Tharizdum is perfect if you want to mix Lovecraftian myths and elemental monsters, but Tharizdum's cults are too "chaothic stupid" to be a serious menace. These cults are hated and hunted even by the rest of evil cults.

Vecna also wants vengueance against the dark powers of the demiplane of the dread. Maybe Vecna wanted to create his own demiplane, but this wouldn't be gothic horror but more postapocalyptic survival horror.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
well he doesn't have the Book of Vile Darkness in his rib cage for one. He didn't wear a gauntlet, or have two eyes. He wasn't colored like a Daemonette of Slaanesh. He had a very yellow pallor. Sometimes he was shown with the BoVD. He seems to have taken on the persona from Critical Role vs the more hushed, background noise Vecna. He also wasn't quite so... bedazzled. He wore worn robes and didn't have gold implants in his face.

I love new Vecna still, he's all warm and fuzzy but he's very different from original.
Yeah, he's a pretty terrible god of secrets now.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Use 32 maps to explore iconic D&D locations, including Eberron, Ravenloft, and Greyhawk
32 is more than enough to visit iconic locations from every publishedd 5E Adventure and then some.

There is a Lore Glossary coming up in the new DMG that includes info on major general D;D NPCs, like Mordenkainen or Bigby. Probsvly all 11 allies here will be in there.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads