• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!
Vecna: Eve of Ruin

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming May 21st!

R_J_K75

Legend
Levels 10-20, why not make it levels 1-20 a true complete campaign? Seems like they are cramming a whole lot into what I'd guess is a 250-300 page book. The adventure spans the Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Spelljammer, Eberron, Ravenloft, Dragonlance, and Greyhawk and if I had to guess each will not get the attention they deserve, and this campaign/adventure path could easily have been spread out over a few smaller soft covers as they did in editions past. Just my opinion.

TheSword

Legend
Wowsers the snark from some people.

Just had a thread complaining how WotC are doing nothing to celebrate the anniversary year. Now we find out they’re planning a high level adventure covering all the published worlds including Greyhawk and we get more snark.

Haters gonna hate.

A 10-20 campaign that could pick up after the many 1-10 campaigns we’ve had sounds like a great idea. I hope they pull it off.

It has a classic villain central to the plot. Let’s hope it features some really interesting and engaging fleshed-out NPCs and each world has a well detailed area to explore and we could have a Great published campaign here 😜

Last edited:

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Levels 10-20, why not make it levels 1-20 a true complete campaign? Seems like they are cramming a whole lot into what I'd guess is a 250-300 page book. The adventure spans the Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Spelljammer, Eberron, Ravenloft, Dragonlance, and Greyhawk and if I had to guess each will not get the attention they deserve, and this campaign/adventure path could easily have been spread out over a few smaller soft covers as they did in editions past. Just my opinion.
1-10 is basically every other adventure book they made. This gives you something to run after you have played through another adventure. I think it makes a lot of sense. I hope they have a advice on how to tie it into the end of other previously published 5e adventures.

Given that we know the obelisks that make appearances in a bunch of the 5e adventures are linked to Vecna, it's almost certain they will be used as on-ramps from those adventures (most of which are 1 - 10/11) so as to continue running the same group from them to the Vecna campaign.

Also, a full 1 - 20 adventure would likely have a huge page count and be more expensive.

(Also, do we have a definitive list of the adventures the obelisks appear in? I know SKT, ToA, RotFM, and Phandelver at least, but I'm probably missing some. ToA thematically would probably make a good pairing).

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
1-10 is basically every other adventure book they made. This gives you something to run after you have played through another adventure. I think it makes a lot of sense. I hope they have a advice on how to tie it into the end of other previously published 5e adventures.
I understand your point that maybe most people who have played WotC adventures can appreciate this being levels 10-20, but for those who don't or didn't, would probably need to do a lot of gaming to get to level 10 to start this adventure or just start at level 10, which I've never been a fan of.
Given that we know the obelisks that make appearances in a bunch of the 5e adventures are linked to Vecna, it's almost certain they will be used as on-ramps from those adventures (most of which are 1 - 10/11) so as to continue running the same group from them to the Vecna campaign.
I haven't played any of WotC adventures, so I have no clue about the obelisks. I understand that most likely a majority of 5E players have played through some of WotC adventures can quickly pick up the Vecna one and jump right in so it makes sense for them to have it start at level 10.
Also, a full 1 - 20 adventure would likely have a huge page count and be more expensive.
My personal feelings (which I'm sure WotC could care less about) is if this is truly meant to be and transition between D&D2014 and D&D2024 then go epic with a self-contained mega adventure. If theyre releasing a 500 page History of D&D book, I'd say there would be a market for something like this. Spreading it out over s few smaller books like I mentioned above would lessen the cost of entry, but I know that's no longer their product model, just wishful thinking on my part.

Remove ads