• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!
Vecna: Eve of Ruin

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming May 21st!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Levels 10-20, why not make it levels 1-20 a true complete campaign? Seems like they are cramming a whole lot into what I'd guess is a 250-300 page book. The adventure spans the Forgotten Realms, Planescape, Spelljammer, Eberron, Ravenloft, Dragonlance, and Greyhawk and if I had to guess each will not get the attention they deserve, and this campaign/adventure path could easily have been spread out over a few smaller soft covers as they did in editions past. Just my opinion.
Smaller paperbacks aren't cost efficient, is the issue: a large grab-bag of modular content in an affordable package is more consumer friendly.

R_J_K75

Legend
Smaller paperbacks aren't cost efficient, is the issue: a large grab-bag of modular content in an affordable package is more consumer friendly.
I'm sure in some strange way it is more cost effective these days to produce a larger hardback than a smaller soft cover. But as I said further down the thread it was just my wishful thinking rather it becoming reality. I'm not saying the book won't be good, but it seems pretty ambitious for the length of book that is their typical adventure path. Personally, I've never been a fan of hardback adventures.

So who do we think the Archmages will be?

Elminster and Mordeinkien are obvious, but what about Bigsby, Tasha, and Fizban? Szass Tam maybe? Nezram World Walker?

Are there any Archwizards from Ravenloft, Planescape, Spelljammer, and Eberron that would wish to fight Vecna?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'm sure in some strange way it is more cost effective these days to produce a larger hardback than a smaller soft cover. But as I said further down the thread it was just my wishful thinking rather it becoming reality. I'm not saying the book won't be good, but it seems pretty ambitious for the length of book that is their typical adventure path. Personally, I've never been a fan of hardback adventures.
It's that a softcover similar to an old TSR paperback would be $25 a pop now, based on inflation. So, six $25 32 pages books, versus one $60 hardcover makes way, way more sense for anyone interested in more than one of the components.

The difference between a 5E hardcover and a pile of old TSR modules is really just binding.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads