D&D 5E "Warlord" Fighter sub-class from MMHFT podcast. Further duscussion.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Maybe it's because I played 1e then missed a few decades and started back up with 5e...
Nah, you could've blinked & missed the Warlord, it was a playable class in the last edition.

Of course, I must've blinked some time between Asteroids & Space Invaders and missed 'Warlords' - I had to look it up.

The only substantive objection I have to this is the name "Warlord"
Battle Captain, from the Paragon Path might be a better name for this sub-class.

Last edited:

CapnZapp

Legend
That's quite a tactical genius, right there. As a DM, I'm always terrified that the PCs might group up into another a tight bunch to get healing, because there's nothing I can do to punish PCs for standing together in a small area.
Fireball?

G

Guest 6801328

Battle Captain, from the Paragon Path might be a better name for this sub-class.

In general he did a pretty good (but not perfect) job avoiding objectionable fluff suggesting that this character is a superior giving orders to his/her peers. I'd hate to spoil that with the name.

P.S. Also, I'd love to find a name that suggests this character is quick-thinking and 'tactical' in all situations, not just in combat. (Even if the current palette of abilities don't really reflect that...)

Last edited by a moderator:

CapnZapp

Legend
Placing effects on areas?

That's a totem warrior if I ever saw one.

Please drop the ridiculous idea a "tactician" needs to "study" a (small) area and whose benefits somehow are restricted to just that area.

This class needs a supernatural explanation, stat.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
Then save the area effects for the totem shaman?
totem.jpg

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads