• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Watermark's Shackled City

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
Surprised at the priestess' reaction to the mention of working with the guards, Toskar nodded simply and listened to the others discuss their ideas on what the riddle could mean. He nodded in approval to the suggestions that made sense, but kept his thoughts silent on the matter for the most part.

'I'm not one for riddles, but it does seem the best place to start would be either at the orphanage or with the local guards to see what they have discovered.

Seeing a look of anger on the priestess' face again, Toskar hurried through with his thought.

"Since I'm more than likely the most familiar with the guards around here, I'll go let them know that the Cudgels have us workin' for them, and maybe convince them that we are all on the same side on this. Afterwards, I can either meet you at the Orphanage or back at the Tankard to discuss what we found out."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Brokkus: Dwarf Cleric1 of Obad-Hai

"Good idea, Toskar. If I read the will of the group correctly, the rest of us are heading to the orphanage. I'd also like to stop off quickly at the inn and retrieve my armor...just in case, you know. After we are finished, we can meet at the Tankard and compare notes."

Mimic

First Post
Eldar nods as Brokkus speaks. "We must hurry though, if the missing people are being sold as slaves then we have little time to save them."

Turning back to Jenya, bowing once again. "It would seem that we will investigate the orphanage, perhaps we can discover something your cleric missed."

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
As it seemed that those in the room had no objection to his leaving to speak with the guards, Toskar looked at the acting high priestess once more.

"While I am hopin' the guards will trust my good nature, is there somethin' ye could send with me that will let them know I am workin' with the church?"

CoolHand

First Post
"The orphanage. Yes, yes, the orphanage would be the place to begin." Binkle paces about in excitedly. "I'd really like to work on that riddle. Let me jot it down here.

The locks are the key...
Look behind the curtain
Beneath the cauldron (I bet the orphanage has a cauldron for making a lovely mush)
Watch out the doors that chew (no, that's not right)
Something something malachite hold
Life is bought with gold
Half a dwarf binds them

Hey, I've been called half a dwarf before, but I've nothing here to bind with." Binkle searches through his cloak. "Well, I do have a rope in my pack," he adds with a smile, then seeing the odd returning looks he clears his throat before continuing sheepishly. "No, that's not right. It certainly doesn't point to me, now does it. Let's certainly hope not at least," he adds trailing off. "That would truly be concerning."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads