ways to increase BAB other other than leveling

I was under the impression that your BAB does continue to rise, you simply don't gain more attacks from it whenever it breaches a number divisable by five. A fighter could have a 30/25/20/15, but not gain the 10 or 5 that would have come after it at lower levels.

wallshot

First Post
Jondor_Battlehammer said:
I was under the impression that your BAB does continue to rise, you simply don't gain more attacks from it whenever it breaches a number divisable by five. A fighter could have a 30/25/20/15, but not gain the 10 or 5 that would have come after it at lower levels.

They dont call it BAB after level 20. It becomes an epic bonus to attack. That way it doesnt conflict with the BAB extra attacks rule.
If U read my earlier post in this thread it explains why they did it that way.

Consider adding a house rule for epic characters -- characters determine their base attack bonus according to their "best" 20 class levels. That way, warrior-types and monks still have a monopoly on having lots of attacks, but if your cleric or rogue really wants more attacks, he can do it with some (slightly) painful multiclassing.

Crothian

First Post
You have to remeber BAB is one of the things used to balance the classes. All classes that don't get the best BAB arrive at level 20 one BAB short of an extra attack. Basically, you'll hinder the fighter types by allowing this extra attacks to be given to the other classes.

However, as it is ultimately up to the DM and they can rule 0 as they see fit. :cool:

Izod

First Post
You have to remeber BAB is one of the things used to balance the classes. All classes that don't get the best BAB arrive at level 20 one BAB short of an extra attack. Basically, you'll hinder the fighter types by allowing this extra attacks to be given to the other classes.

Well this char is an arcane archer. they are fighter types and because of the way he leveled through the first few levels he wasn't able to get to BAB of 16. We aren't talking about a BAB of 25 or anything :)

Xeriar

First Post
Izod said:
one of my party members is level 20 and is one point away from having 4 normal attacks. He asked me if I knew of any way to get one more point... because once you get to epic levels your BAB never goes up. He sugested using a wish to change one of his wiz levels for a ranger level. BTW he is an arcane archer by trade. also is it posiable to get an iten that would rais your BAB by one. this doesn't seen too powerful an item but I would like to know what you think.

My personal opinion is that this is one of the most moronic design decisions WotC made. Monsters keep gaining BAB, but PCs don't - it makes no sense.

Just cap attacks from BAB at 4, and tweak the non-fighter epics a bit. That's all you need to do.

Xeriar

First Post
Crothian said:

However, as it is ultimately up to the DM and they can rule 0 as they see fit. :cool:

Monk 20/Sorcerer 20

vs.

Sorcerer 20/Monk 20

Assuming identical stats, feats, skills, spells and equipment, who wins?

The player who took sorcerer first is screwed. EAB is a rube goldberg solution to a problem that they fix the right way for monsters - just cap the attacks at 4.

Kai Lord

Hero
Izod said:
one of my party members is level 20 and is one point away from having 4 normal attacks. He asked me if I knew of any way to get one more point... because once you get to epic levels your BAB never goes up. He sugested using a wish to change one of his wiz levels for a ranger level. BTW he is an arcane archer by trade. also is it posiable to get an iten that would rais your BAB by one. this doesn't seen too powerful an item but I would like to know what you think.

That's easy, just kill him. He'll come back one level lower, and can replace it with a level of ranger. :cool:

doktorstick

First Post
Xeriar said:
Monk 20/Sorcerer 20 vs. Sorcerer 20/Monk 20

Assuming identical stats, feats, skills, spells and equipment, who wins?

The player who took sorcerer first is screwed. EAB is a rube goldberg solution to a problem that they fix the right way for monsters - just cap the attacks at 4.

That is a poor example. In most cases (and that is what rules try to cover, most cases), the Mnk 20/Sor20 is going to be a better fighter and worst magic user than the Sor20/Mnk20 who will be the better magic user and worse fighter. The reason is that character progressing as either one of the primary classes will be developed towards that class.

/ds

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases