• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weapons and CG (killing time with Photoshop)

Liquide

DEX: 4
Well I had nothing to do for 5 minutes and I had to kill the time, so this is what turned out.

Done from scratch but I usually don't do weapons in Photoshop and I'm not satisfied with the result but I thought I could post it here to kill some more time.

Attachments

• dual-blade.jpg
    dual-blade.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 381

Tetsubo

First Post
It's got solid lines and a nice form. I think the grip would need to be longer unless it is a double dagger. If it's larger than that the grip is too short. What is the scale?

I've gotta get me a copy of Photoshop. :)

Liquide

Tetsubo said:
It's got solid lines and a nice form. I think the grip would need to be longer unless it is a double dagger. If it's larger than that the grip is too short. What is the scale?

I've gotta get me a copy of Photoshop. :)

Check out my Kobold Monk for scale (linkt o kobold thread in .sig), Photoshop is a bit expensive I would suggest Paint Shop pro if you want a little less muscle but at a much better price.

Aldymnor

First Post
K I'll edit this back to what I meant to say.
I didn't give any mention as to HOW money isn't an issue, in any specific way. We all know piracy happens and i didn't do anything to recommend it. I pay for my stuff.
if money isn't an issue, whether by fortune or otherwise, photoshop is a good bet. If money IS an issue, *snip by Dinkeldog *I don't recommend photoshop at all. Paintshop is similar (IMO not as good, but close), and is wildly cheaper. Big "I," big "F."

Edited by Dinkeldog. If you question why, send me an email at dinkeldog@aol.com

Dinkel - next time you want to edit my post, either chop it all off (which I'd be fine with, admittedly i'm at fault here), or leave its original meaning please. Truth is, I do recommend photoshop, if it's feasible. Your edit connotated that I didn't recommend photoshop. If you have questions, you can mail me, and I think you know that address.

Last edited:

Liquide

Aldymnor said:
*snip* I don't recommend photoshop at all. Paintshop is similar (IMO not as good, but close), and is wildly cheaper. Big "I," big "F."

First I find this comment not suitable to this board, or anyplace else for that matter. The cost of software is never something that should make you even consider pirate it and is also a very bad excuse to pirate software of any kind (in the end people who pirate software doesn't really care what it cost they pirate it just because free is cheap).

And posting this in this forum in which most of us are professionals in some way or another makes me wanna cry blood.

I would rather want to see this thread be closed down/deleted then I want what you said above be displayed in public to be honest with you.

And some of us here even make software or PDF's that we sell so you want to pirate that aswell since free is cheap?

I find this viewpoint insulting aswell as a lack of tact, not to mention that you break the rules of this forum.

Consider your post reported.

[/rant]

Edited just the quoted material to match what I edited in the original post. Again, if any questions, e-mail me. Ddog.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aldymnor

First Post
Oh please. This could be the FBI's board, and I'd walk outta this free - there isn't anything solid in any of my post. I know a ton of artists who use pirated software, and that's why I said "if". It's good to know some people are very dignant about piracy.

And FYI, I work in a computer center with Photoshop 6 and 7 on the macs, so I get exposed to it very frequently. I have my ethics, I just know a lot of people who don't. Admitting knowledge about crime isn't anything material.

Anyhow, the post got edited, and I was just trying to say that if money isn't an issue (one way or another), photoshop is your better bet. If not, paintshop is a good cheap alternative.

Didn't know we could't talk about crime here, thanks for the heads up (though belated at my own fault).

Malessa

First Post
PSP vs. PHOTOSHOP

We have both, and almost never use Photoshop. It's certainly powerful, but Paint Shop Pro (v. 6 is what we have) is SO much more user friendly and, quite frankly, I haven't found anything that Photoshop can do that can't be replicated in PSP. The only shortcoming I can imagine is that Photoshop is more widely used in the professional world, so there are many more cool downloadable filters out there for it. But, that's all filters are to me... cool. For all practical purposes, PSP does everything I could ever need it to do for under $100 (well, v. 6 was when I bought it 3 years ago, anyway).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads