• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - OOC - Game is Running

Rhun

First Post
That may work, though your steps would be awfully small to make it down 100 feet. 15 cubic feet just isn't a lot to work with. That would be 60 6" x 6" steps, placed 1 foot and 8 inches apart. It would definitely still require climb checks, I'm thinking, though it would make it a lot easier. A 6" wide step is tiny, especially for a man in armor or with a heavy burden.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
That may work, though your steps would be awfully small to make it down 100 feet. 15 cubic feet just isn't a lot to work with. That would be 60 6" x 6" steps, placed 1 foot and 8 inches apart. It would definitely still require climb checks, I'm thinking, though it would make it a lot easier. A 6" wide step is tiny, especially for a man in armor or with a heavy burden.

Still, if someone had the foresight to purchase a climber's kit, we should be in good shape. That's a big if, though. I haven't looked at everyone's equipment.

Rhun

First Post
Well, you know I'm willing to let you try any plan you want to get down there...after all, you can't adventure in the Forbidden City if you can't reach the Forbidden City.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Did we ever decide how to get off this cliff? I'm all up for using magic to get down, though I'm not so keen on being out my highest level spell once we hit bottom, seeing as how we don't really know what's down there. Seems unlikely that she'll be able to cast featherfall on all of us too, since there really isn't a platform of sorts for us all to stand on once we reach the proper decent, or am I reading too much into it?

I'm really starting to think that maybe we should just climb back down the way we came, camp at the bottom, and start fresh with a new day--and new spells.

dog45

First Post
Oh, sure. I assumed characters start out the day focused, and have it until they use it. It's not like you have to spend actions to maintain it once you have it, so I didn't figure it'd be a big deal.

Rhun

First Post
Well, I guess I am alright with that then. I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to dealing with psionics, so I'm really not sure how that kind of stuff is handled by most DMs.

Voidrazor

First Post
Kauper's Skittish Nerves can be found on page 6 of Crystal Keep's sorceror/wizard spell listing. Basicly its a first level touch spell that provides a +5 to initiative for a min/level. There is what might be considered an updated version of the same spell called Nerveskitter in the Spell Compendium. That version can be cast as an immediate action and lasts for the current encounter. So the 'updated' version is more useful, but wouldn't work on a wand.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads