"Well, that's two hours of my life I'll never get back..."

Vocenoctum

First Post
Not sure how it fits into the scheme of things, since I had it on DVD from Netflix (didn't really "pay" for it) and didn't watch the whole thing but...
Hulk
I kept fastforwarding, hoping there was something further in that would redeem it. I was searching for tank tossing, but even that seemed lacking!
So, less than a half hour into the movie, but I still feel ripped off by the movie.

uv23

First Post
Haven't read through the thread but the most recent movie I saw which had me demanding two hours of my life back was Kill Bill. Pure uber:):):):)e IMO, though I know I'm in the minority on this one.

Gallo22

First Post
I must suck at judging movies because many that people listed, I really enjoyed.

League - great, loved it!
Underworld - good fun
Crouching Tiger - best fantasy martial arts movie ever
Waterworld - fun
13th Warrior - great fun

etc. etc....

Gallo22

ps: what's Highlander II, i never heard of that one... :D

Last edited:

The_Universe

First Post
I have seen some deeply troubling films in my day, and by and large the group here as identified them (except people who think the LoTR films are bad. You people are either fools or satanists ;)). But the one that takes the cake has got to either be Slipstream or Laserhawks, both starring Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill.

Outside of Star Wars and the voice of the Joker, Hamill is widely panned as a terrible actor. In his defense, he is not what makes either of the two films listed above bad. He is simply caught in a train wreck of horrible cinema...a train wreck from which there can be no escape. I have lost no less than 3 hours to these films, and should I ever meet God, I swear I will demand the hours I spent watching those two films be repaid.

The funny thing is, I didn't even pick out these movies. Clarissa, I curse you! Why do you keep making me watch this crap?

Oh yeah! That also brings to mind Tombraider I (Let's see...the ends of the earh...how about Cambodia and Siberia...which are on the SAME CONTINENT!) and Gia. Both are Angelina Jolie stinkers. Absolutely terrible. I know someone is going to respond, reminding me how pretty Jolie is, and how that makes these last two films, at least, redeamable. I'm sorry--half a boob (and no nipple) in Tombraider, and god knows HOW MUCH awkward nudity in Gia cannot save them. RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES if you have not seen them! :p

*shudders* Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go poke out my eyes with an ice pick to purge the memories.

Qlippoth

Explorer
The_Universe said:
I have seen some deeply troubling films in my day, and by and large the group here as identified them (except people who think the LoTR films are bad. You people are either fools or satanists ;)). But the one that takes the cake has got to either be Slipstream or Laserhawks, both starring Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill.

Outside of Star Wars and the voice of the Joker, Hamill is widely panned as a terrible actor. In his defense, he is not what makes either of the two films listed above bad. He is simply caught in a train wreck of horrible cinema...a train wreck from which there can be no escape. I have lost no less than 3 hours to these films, and should I ever meet God, I swear I will demand the hours I spent watching those two films be repaid.

Ever seen a little gem called Corvette Summer? I saw it at a drive-in with some of my neighbors when I was 8. It had metallicky hot rods, a prostitute-with-a-heart-of-gold, and Mark Hamill. Ironically enough, it was part of a double-feature that night (with Coma)!

Remove ads