• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What alternate game systems are you trying out if you don't like 4e?

pogre

Legend
Our group was playtesters for 4e and we just concluded our 1st 4e campaign. We gave it a good, honest try. I think we're done with D&D until the next edition.

I'm starting a Dark Heresy campaign next, and following that, our standard frp will Warhammer FRP 2e.

Sammael

Adventurer
I'm using my own revision of 3.5. It contains a lot of proprietary stuff, so I can't really share it, but it goes further than the Pathfinder revision when it comes to streamlining, embraces several 4E concepts that I found intriguing, and also tries to flatten the power curve (without making all levels play the same).

Working on it is a mamoth task, especially since I can't really devote more than 1-2 hours per day to it, but I'm using the revised rules in two ongoing campaigns and players seem to have embraced the changes.

Mircoles

Explorer
If I had been disappointed with 4e, which I wasn't. I'd of gone back to playing GURPS and never bothered with D&D ever again.

avin

First Post
Running 3 (soon 4) 4E games and playing one, having a 1 year and 8 months daughter I don't really have time for another stuff atm but I would love to play:

- A one shot Pathfinder lv 10+ game (not DM, just play)
- Some nWod as Shemeska mentioned
- Some GURPS traveller or cyberpunk, using the new edition
- Some obscure system

mhensley

First Post
Since 4e came out, my group has played-

playtest version of HackMaster Basic
Mongoose Traveller
D&D 3.5

and now I'm just waiting on my HMB book to arrive sometime next month (hopefully).

wolfpunk

First Post
We never went to 4th edition, we have however tried Castles & Crusades and Iron Heroes.

We are going to play Pathfinder at some point.

At the moment we play Star Wars and still have a ton of playing left to do in 3.5.

Is there some reason I need to have moved on at all? The release of a new game somewhere doesn't mean that I need to scramble to find something new to play if I'm already perfectly happy with the games we are playing.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Top Secret SI

Star Trek (Before Next Generation)

Star Wars D6

Greyhawk 3.5

WOD (before the great fall)

Rokugan (D20) 3.0

EXALTED

Will play one day

Pathfinder...

Anima