What books would you like to see WOTC do

Corvidae

First Post
Because of response to the thread on "complete riding dog" I thought I would ask, what books or types of books would you like to see wotc do.

Mine are

complete companion (rules on animals, cohorts, underlings, familiars, mounts, etc.)

Constructomicon (Draconomicon for constructs)

A book on fey

A book on goblinoids (culture, variants, etc.)

A book on skills (new skill tricks, new uses for old skills, new things to make with alchemy or craft)

Complete Villian

Book of the seven heavens

Any other ideas?

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Prestige Class Compendium.
Feat Compendium.

These are two things I would like to see all gathered in one big book.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
- Fiendish Codex III: Yugoloths and Friends.
- Fey
- More Outer Planes stuff. Celestial is a fine place to start. The Astral, Ethereal, Shadow, and other 'different' planes could use some love.
- An entire book of NPC's at different levels, much like Ultimate NPC's by Mongoose Publishing, but for non-core classes. I could use some level 15 Warlocks, Beguilers, Spellthieves, etc.

I'm looking forward to the Exemplars of Evil.

Masquerade

First Post
mmadsen said:
Automatononomicon?

I like this idea, but let's extend that one step further. I would like to see a book with information for advancing the technology level of the D&D game for a steampunk fantasy game, but designed not as a setting but similar to an environment series title.

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
A new UA..like Unearthed Arcana 2...more variant rules. Maybe even some campaign "overlays"....rules you can use to make your D&D game have a certain flavor....i.e. low magic, steampunk, prehistoric, etc.

Reynard

Legend
I know I am probably going to get crap for this, but I'll say it anyway: D&D v3.75 PHB and DMG (MM is probably okay as is).

I know the Rules compendium is coming out, but that's just one more book to lug around. So many of the Complete books and such have introduce so many subtle changes and new additions to the rules that I would *love* another set of revised Core Books takling into account everything from Swift Actions to UA style variants. Truly comprehensive core rule books make D&D a *great game* --- having to carry 100 supllemental hardcovers makes it a *terrible* game.

Failing that, I'd take a "monster manual" like collection of statted 'complex NPCs' as per the DMGII, making use of every Complete Book, moster series book, and so on -- with sidebars for adjusting levels, races and templates for said NPCs.

Remove ads