What cool things are happening in your campaigns RIGHT NOW!

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
well, to start off with, this was all planned out LONG ahead of time, only a short of that was PC planning but they were fine with how it happened and how it turned out.

So my group is epic level, even in terms of epic level, with all kinds of super magic items and stuff, level 100+ lots of everything, so they decide, about four years ago or so now, that they want to go out and kill Gods for the XP, as it is the only way to level up fast at that level. so they go out and kill, every, single, god, out there, and kill everything else, after the first God's death I started planning, and scheming, then the players got bored after about 3/4th of the Gods, so we thought up how to end the campaign, because of course, how do you go on from there?, well, we decided that the essence of slain deities go into a large collection of slain dieties, this essentially creates the apocalypse, the party decided that they wanted their characters to go out in style, and I had found that anything with stats could be killed, so I didn't even try.

What I decided was that every divine point of each diety killed added one attack and 1d% damage to it's main beam attack, also this thing would short out all magic on the plane it was on, and had 100d% HP for each divine rank of diety killed ever. So I had a monstrous thing, that had near infinite HP and could pretty much instantly kill anything. I described it as follows:

you suddenly see a light, behind it is a glow, too bright to see, it comes toward you and part of it breaks off, and hits the ground near you, All magic and magic items cease to function and you all take 50 million divine damage ignoring damage reduction and immunities. Also you area all disintegrated.

That is how it happened. It was very epic.

SoulsFury

Explorer
Here we go:
The PCs just got finished laying a siege on an island that is actually a meteor that is being mined for a precious ore that burns slowly, but hotly and can make some of the finest blades ever.

The PCs see smoke in the distance and fly their hippogriffs to find that a gnomish pirate airship as crash landed. There are human and orc slaves, and gnomes on the backs of wyverns. The ships are powered by burning the ore like coal.

The elven holy avenger of the group just got finished teaching a goblin to be a paladin.

possum

First Post
Thanks to play-by-post games, I have a lot going on.

DMing

In my Star Wars Saga Edition game using the Dawn of Defiance adventure path, my PCs are nearing the end of the first module, trying to rescue Admiral Varth, who is defecting to the fledgling rebellion. They have just entered a medical bay in the facility and discovered the sick experiments on the natives that the Empire is conducting.

In my d20 Modern game set in the Fallout setting, the PCs have been forced from their Vault by a deathclaw and earthquake and are roaming the wasteland of central Missouri. They've just come up to the first signs of the new civilization, what was once a small town. They've already met up with a small and incompetant gang of raiders.

Playing

In my D&D Encounters game at my FLGS, I'm playing Merric, the halfling rogue. I seem to be having a lot of trouble in sneaking out of places once I've made it in undetected. Go figure on that... We're now going through a dungeon containing the treasure of a dwarven bandit lord. In the last session, I was sent flying into a wall of spikes by a flail-wielding statue. I ended the session with a single hit point remaining.

In a New Republic era Infinities campaign for Saga Edition, I'm playing an officer who came close to being drummed out of service for frequently failing to be promoted. She's currently commanding the rest of the PCs on Ruusan, trailing a Sith apprentice.

In another Saga Edition game played on these boards, I'm playing an ARC trooper who's infiltrating a Separatist-controlled city with the other PCs. We've kind of just begun, so not a whole lot has happened.

I'm also playing Tas in a 2nd edition playthrough of the Dragonlance modules. We just got done beating the draconians and have made our way to Haven, IIRC. The only things to really end up in his satchel of the other players are a dagger and a wolf that was whittled by Flint at the beginning of the adventure.

In my primary game--me playing through the Dawn of Defiance on OpenRPG--We've skipped modules 8-9 and gone right into 10 after home base starship was destroyed by a traitorous defector leaking the location to the Empire. We've just entered a space station guarding a prototype Super Star Destroyer that's been our primary target for the entire campaign. This character is coming pretty close to being my favorite. I've played him since the fifth module and I'm pretty happy with the way I've taken his direction.

Another Rebellion-era game, this time playing the previous character's daughter (I have a theme of playing through generations of a family if I'm able to). She's currently a very junior officer in the Rebellion and at 19, probably the youngest character I've ever played, especially at lvl. 5. The thing is, since the previous campaign is still ongoing, I have no idea if her father even survived to know her, so I'm keeping extremely vague on family and I hope it never has to come up. She's currently on a small team of rebels that has volunteered to fly snowspeeders during the Battle of Hoth. The campaign has just begun, so not a whole lot has happened.

And... that's it. Yeah, a lot of characters right now. Really, I've probably missed a couple. I know I excluded the two where the campaigns are on hiatus, but these are all I can think of at this time. Hope you all liked them, I've certainly enjoyed reading about the others.

John Play
He has discovered he has an Aberrant Dragonmark. He is uncertain whom to talk to about this as the other houses may hunt him down, the dragons may kill him, the Exornicated may or may not accept him and Breland .... well they still distrust him in general.

Siberys Seven
Mania discovers his honorable side as he discovers slave camps in Darguun. The Face of the False Moon begins to take aim at the team.

Heroes of Eldeen
Is there more to Sir John? Is he really an immortal and is he guarding over a huge maze-like prison of a powerful fiend?

and a new one still in the designing stages with my son only...... Someone with no memory of his past but seems to absorb magic at will..... what does the dragonmarked familys, Arcanix, and the nations of Khorvaire have to say to a Spellfire weilder on Eberron?!?

Samurai

Adventurer
Well, the campaign I'm running is set in the Forgotten Realms, but I had an epic, overarching campaign idea from the beginning. We started off by playing a loose adaptation of Scepter Tower of Spellgard (adapted to Pathfinder rules), and then launched into the Rise of the Runelords adventure path. I had decided that for this game, the ancient Netheril Empire had defeated an invasion by the Runelords, but it was a titanic battle. The climax, sealing the rift to their dimension, caused a massive wave of energy to destroy most of the Netheril Empire and created the Anauroch Desert. However, that did not destroy the Runelords, it merely locked the riftgate for the next thousand years...

Fast forward 1000 years, to the PCs...

They have become embroiled in the plans of long-dead Netheril wizards and the agents of the Runelord Karzoug anticipating the opening of the gate. Recently, they met a Netheril Dread Mummy, and discovered it was the long-dead corpse of the party's monk, who is still very much alive in the present! The mummy tells them this isn't the first time they have fought Karzoug... he and they already tried to kill him, and failed. Everyone was killed except for him, and he was an instant from death when a group of Netheril Wizards a thousand years in the past (some of the few people who had survived the destruction of the gate to see the effects that it had) snatched him back in time, where they devised a plan for defeating Karzoug once and for all, as well as saving the Netheril Empire from destruction! What will the PCs choose to do? Will they follow the plan, and chance their entire history being changed by the fact that the Netheril Empire never fell? Can they risk not doing so when they know that they are fated to die in battle if they don't do something drastically different? Part of the plan requires they travel back 1000 years to the time of the Netheril Empire's battle with Karzoug... will they simply choose to remain in the past and explore the ancient Realms instead? And if Karzoug manages to win the battle against them, what happens to the Realms? They already saw a taste of what to expect when Karzoug sent personifications of the 7 Deadly Sins to destroy Citadel Adbar, turning the dwarves there into a mass of greedy, gluttonous, murdering rapists that turned upon each other in a frenzy... If he isn't stopped, the rest of the Realms will soon suffer the same fate! But the PCs have now won the help of a tribe of stone giants, and are ready to make their final push to the Lost City of Xin Shalast and the rift!

theskyfullofdust

First Post
In the session we played on Sunday (myself as DM) I ended up killing two of the party (eaten by ghasts), forced another two to flee, and captured one; and there was me thinking they'd walk through it... just goes to show that splitting the party is often a bad idea, especially when they are separated by an obscuring mist, darkness and a silence spell :)

dangerous jack

First Post
Right now...
The party had just finished dealing with a cult of Vecna that had infiltrated the library of Ioun. While staying awake all night to study a tome of dream magic that they had found, the party was attacked at their inn by snake-tattooed ninjas.

They are now assaulting the estate of the ambassador of the Snake Kingdoms, who they've assumed to be the instigator of the ninja attack on their inn. After impersonating a well-known mercenary, rescuing a bound sage (who had studied extensively at the library) and determining the ambassador is a merely a wannabe snake-worshipping priestess and innocent of the ninja attack, they've battled many lowly guards (and some zealous cooks) and finally stumbled upon the veiled & robed ambassador's assistant and her pet pair of id fiends. Of course, the assistant revealed herself to be a mind-mage medusa and was thrilled that the party came to her... so she could deliver them (in statue form) to her masters.

The prize for all of this... proof that Zehir is sleeping (a secret protected by Vecna himself) and the snake cult is preparing to enter the dreamscape to wake him, which would probably tip the scales in a world already beset by hardship and evil (all core unaligned gods are at least antagonistic if not worse IMC, and the good gods are occupied).

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Only lost 8 healing surges flying the long boat.

.... have locked themselves inside a treasure vault with a mostly naked female halfling prisoner, she is of course, evil.

... are going to regret waking up but not fighting a blizzard dragon.

... are looking for Anger

... an important NPC necromancer is trying to convince gnolls to hunt goats.
- when the PCs arrive he will be trying to cook a goat, his first meal in 300 years. He will be more interested in what edible vegetables PCs carry then in fighting them. Seasonings courtesy of prestidigitation.

wedgeski

Adventurer
In the previous session, the party had travelled to the Feywild under the guidance of a mysterious benefactor, in order to save the best friend of one of the PC's. Said PC had recently refused the hand of an eladrin prince (for the second time) and his obsession with her has apparently now spilled into the kidnapping and potential murder of those she holds most dear.

Upon arriving at a fomorian prison enclave, the dwarven fighter lost all control at the prospect of rampaging unchecked through a giantish stronghold and stormed the stockade. This led to a an extremely tense fight with a formorian slave driver (who was pretty much a match for the party on his own), which then turned very dangerous indeed when a giant fey crocodile and two quicklings jumped the party's squishy rear quarter.

By the end of that session, two deaths looked certain, and a TPK was on the cards. The group spent a fortnight chewing on a strategy to extricate themselves from their predicament, while their DM -- me -- who knew the numbers involved and was pretty certain the party was done for, frantically put into action his TPK-contingency plan whereby the PC's would return to the world, somewhat altered, after their enemies had succeeded in their plans to bring about an apocalypse.

As it turned out this stuff pretty much wrote itself. By the time the next session rolled around (this Sunday just gone) I was as excited for the prospect of a TPK as I was for the campaign to continue on its course, a very strange sensation indeed.

In any case, as it happened, the party prevailed with only one death, with a brilliant team effort and solid tactics especially from the party's paladin, who used his recently-acquired Justicar powers to awesome effect. The party regrouped, stormed the priosn tower, and now stand poised to take on the venerable fomorian warden, who might have some interesting revelations about their supposed allies if they play against precedent and actually take a few moments to listen to what he has to say!

All in all, most excellent super-happy fun time D&D, with the added bonus that if the party dies, I can segue into a new campaign without missing a single beat. :) I've also discovered that planning in detail what will happen if your PC's fail is great inspiration for adventures to give them before they've actually done so.

Very entertaining thread. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads