D&D (2024) What do you expect/hope to see in future playtest packets? (+)

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
They both exist already. At least the +2 versions for certain stats.
GM: "You find boots of dexterity +2, they add +2 to dex while worn & attune:yes"
Player: woah! woah woah how do I handle that?
GM: It's like an ioun stone of agility but boots
player: ok a put my new boots over my boots of elvenkind
GM: You can't wear two pairs of footwear
player: Ok
-later-
Player: I walk up with boots floating around my head since they are like an ioun stone.
GM: no they are boots, you need to wear them on your feet for them to work
Player: "you said they were like an ioun stone why do you make everything so complicated instead of just giving normal magic items"

Last edited:

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
GM: "You find boots of dexterity +2, they add +2 to dex while worn & attune:yes"
-later-
Player: I walk up with boots floating around my head since they are like an ioun stone.
Player: "you said they were like an ioun stone why do you make everythingh so complicated instead of just giving normal magic items"

Yes! With the right rules, we will all be immune to stupidity.

MarkB

Legend
-later-
Player: "you said they were like an ioun stone why do you make everything so complicated instead of just giving normal magic items"
I'd go ahead and allow it, just to make the player commit to having a pair of boots orbiting his head at all times.

I would love to see Extra Attacks and Multiattacks gone. One turn = one attack action. Make it scale like a cantrip. If it needs to target multiple targets, makes it a saving throw, or just make it so that the same attack roll applies to all targets.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
I would love to see Extra Attacks and Multiattacks gone. One turn = one attack action. Make it scale like a cantrip. If it needs to target multiple targets, makes it a saving throw, or just make it so that the same attack roll applies to all targets.
Hard disagree, Extra attacks are one of the things that reward fighters levelling up. Makes the player feel bad ass. On the other hand multiattack feels right for some monsters, a dragon that does claw, claw, bite feels more dragoney than one that just does claw or bite.
And since multiattack is bad ass the players feel bad ass after taking down such a foe.

Hard disagree, Extra attacks are one of the things that reward fighters levelling up. Makes the player feel bad ass. On the other hand multiattack feels right for some monsters, a dragon that does claw, claw, bite feels more dragoney than one that just does claw or bite.
And since multiattack is bad ass the players feel bad ass after taking down such a foe.
I would prefer some sort of special maneuver that hits multiple targets, and less dice rolling on single target. Why roll 9 times (20th level fighter + action surge + bonus attack) against a single target? Give me one huge limit break style attack that destroys the monster and his children for 5 generations to come (with half damage on a miss ...)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases