• Black Panther: Wakanda Forever BAD

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania GOOD

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania BAD

Votes: 20 18.2%

Voadam

Legend
I have seen all these but Black Panther 2 and Ant Man. I liked the spider man two but the others fell short for me and were overall disappointing.

I really loved Wandavision and liked the Falcon but a lot of new Marvel is more OK with some good parts but just not hitting it.

The goats were one of the best parts of Love and Thunder.

Black Widow I particularly did not like that she went from human super competent agent amidst superheroes to someone who falls multiple stories off a roof onto concrete on her back, and gets up with a little wincing. Part of the way to make characters like hers work for in-genre verisimilitude is to have them dodge the hulk smashes, not shrug them off from high hp.

Shang Chi was just a mess with him having like seven different characterizations/plots going on at different points that never quite came together as a throughline for his character or the movie, plus he seems to have casually wracked up a huge body count in knocking ninjas off the building to their death when it starts out lighthearted wacky martial arts comedy.

Eternals was just odd, nothing to do with the rest of the marvelverse, just the earth is an egg. Not that engaging, just meh.

Multiverse had some fun points like the Illuminati council universe, but as a fan of Wandavision this was a hugely disappointing conclusion.

I have some hopes for Ant Man, I enjoyed the previous ones and Rudd's roles in the Captain America and Avengers movies. The reviews I heard on Black panther were eh though, so I will get to it, but my expectations are low.

Ryujin

Legend
I'm with him. I enjoyed it too. Even the goats.
The goats were good. The first few times. After that they fell into the zone of Waititi's one major failing: He'll flog a joke until it's not only well and truly dead, but the consistency of horse burger.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
I'm with him. I enjoyed it too. Even the goats.

Especially the goats! I had a giggle fit every time they did their thing.

Are any of the Marvel movies perfect movies? Nope. Not even close. They all have many flaws that are due to them being big tent-pole action movies with broad appeal. So I watch them with that mindset in place. I do think that, even with that tent-pole caveat, many of them have room for improvement. Which is to say, I'd do some things differently. I won't go into details here; I've done that in the individual movie threads.

Remove ads