What is the best prestige class for a WARRIOR CLERIC???

Legendary

First Post
I want to know what feats should i get to beat down opponents and also heal my party easily?
My choice was War Priest...
It is a lawful good cleric(Heironeous), is there any prestige class better or should i be a fighter/cleric

PS: WAR/GOOD DOMAINS:confused:

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Define "best"

War and Good are pretty good fighting domains. Strength helps too.

Don't multi-class into Fighter, it'll only slow down spell casting, and the class doesn't give you much that you'd have from straight Cleric.

If you do want a multiclass, go with Paladin. You're already LG, and if you have a decent (14 or higher) CHA, the benefits will be large.

I guess you'd go with feats like Power Attack and Cleave. If your DM allows the Persistent Spell feat, you'll want that one to cast a Persistent Divine Favor on yourself.

Chun-tzu

First Post
If you mean best prestige class in terms of fit, then the War Priest is fine. If you mean best as in most effective, War Priest is not. You lose 5 levels of spellcasting power.

Best prestige classes for Clerics are Hospitaler, Radiant Servant of Pelor (Dragon magazine), and the Doomguide (cleric of Kelemvor, in Faiths and Pantheons). All 3 are ridiculously unbalanced, with full spellcasting, undead turning (although the Hospitaler loses 2 levels), extra powers, and no serious penalties. As if the Cleric wasn't powerful enough. Hospitaler even gets Fighter BAB.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Dragon Magazine had a p-class for Heironean clerics (Shining Blade of Heironeous) a while ago. For flavor, that would probably be the best class although IIRC, it didn't have full spellcasting progression so you'd be more into bashing heads and less into curing your friends.

Others have made good suggestions too: Hospitaller and Warpriest are both good prestige classes.

If you don't mind losing spellcasting progression, multiclassing with Paladin or Templar wouldn't be a bad idea either. If you use FRCS, Divine Champion would work too.

However, unless you think you simply must take a prestige class, you should consider just staying as a cleric. Clerics don't really need prestige classes. They're good enough without any. And if you want to bash heads and cast spells at full effectiveness, the only prestige class that really improves on the core cleric class is Hospitaller (although the prereqs can be somewhat painful for a cleric to aquire without multiclassing).

mikebr99

Explorer
Elder-Basilisk said:
However, unless you think you simply must take a prestige class, you should consider just staying as a cleric. Clerics don't really need prestige classes. They're good enough without any.
I'll second this!

Why limit your casting ability when you can get all your kewl buffing and combat abilities from spells?

Remove ads