D&D 5E What kind of adventure would you like to run/play? (quick poll)

What kind of adventure would you like to run/play?

• Poll closed .

xoth.publishing

Swords against tentacles!
Doing some market research by posting a quick poll... what kind of adventure would you (most) like to run or play in? Add comments below if you like!

aco175

Legend
None jumped out at me, but went with the desert theme. There could be some good stuff with an oasis and some tombs. Maybe a hidden valley like in the Scorpion King movie.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Tarzan and the Jewels of Opar jumped out at me

although Conan and his Afghuli tribesman could be interesting too

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I chose the third one because, of the three, it's the trope least familiar to me among (gaming) adventures I've ever run/played/read. I've experienced a fair number of lost jungle civilizations and desert temples, but not so many abandoned cyclopean cities.

I think all 3 are really cool ideas. I voted for no. 3 though because I think there is the scope to do something really cool in that design space with a dungeon sized to Huge inhabitants rather than Medium inhabitants.
PCs could be ambushed by monsters lying flat on a table 3x normal size. Opening doors require Athletic checks, etc.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
I went with #3 as well for the reasons put forth by @FrozenNorth. You have opportunity for a more alien, unique exploration (drawing a blank on the adventure name, but ran a published Paizo module years ago dealing with a flying town that no longer functioned; party found one piece of the advanced tech to make it fly again and future adventures could be made up by the DM to find the rest...who doesn't want their own flying city??).

#1 and #2 I feel like I've run before.

JeffB

Legend
OK since we have to choose one.....

I ended up voting for #3 as it's bang-on for the type of adventures I typically like to run utilizing Xen'Drik from Eberron ( which is exactly that- ancient advanced Giant culture).

Remove ads