D&D 5E What kind of adventure would you like to run/play? (quick poll)

What kind of adventure would you like to run/play?

• Poll closed .

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Options two and three range from really interesting to "meh whatever" depending on how well they draw upon the settings they seem to link to.

With that desert, I could see some interesting ways of doing it for darksun like a darksun elf tribe or even a remote settlement worried about some halflings or unknown power that might attract the eye of an SK enough to send some folks this far out, but generic set in FR I have trouble caring With darksun locked though that leaves two or three major deserts in eberron Blade desert, Menechtarun desert, & Demon wastes with the blade desert & demon wastes being most interesting because at least till exploring eberron they have interesting things that are almost entirely undeveloped while the other just kind of exists.

On the third, point.... hells yes but the giant empire is not mythical so nuch as destroyed. Keith Baker has written about them a bit on his blog & manifest.zone I expect we will get a lot about them next month in exploring eberron too

They are all fine.

If you want to write something commercial, it's the quality of the execution that matters, not the scenario (okay, it is possible to start with a bad premise/scenario, but none of those fall into that trap).

S'mon

Legend
Doing some market research by posting a quick poll... what kind of adventure would you (most) like to run or play in? Add comments below if you like!

They all sound good, but there is a City of the Risen Apes in my Thule campaign and I'd LOVE an adventure fleshing it out. Especially as I bought 12 Simian minis recently from Warlord. :)

xoth.publishing

Swords against tentacles!
Thanks for all the votes and useful feedback so far. The poll will close soon, so make sure to get your vote in if you haven't already voted!

They all sound good, but there is a City of the Risen Apes in my Thule campaign and I'd LOVE an adventure fleshing it out. Especially as I bought 12 Simian minis recently from Warlord. :)
The king of the Risen Apes is deaply troubled, because he has reached the top, and had to stop.

xoth.publishing

The results are in!

This poll was cross-posted both to ENWorld and to RPG.net, the combined results are as follows:

1) Ruined city of technologically advanced Giant-Kings: 32 + 45 = 77 votes

2) Fallen city overrun by intelligent apes: 24 + 18 = 42 votes

3) Hidden desert valley with mysterious cult and nomad horde: 19 + 18 = 37 votes

Total votes: 156

Interestingly, while the voters at RPG.net clearly favored the city of the Giant-Kings, the votes were somewhat more evenly distributed at ENWorld.

Now, as mentioned previously, all three of these are likely to see print at some point in time. Since the winner (ruins of the Giant-Kings) is the biggest project and also intended for higher-level characters, the runner-up (jungle city of intelligent apes) may see print first as a smaller project and suitable for medium-level characters.

Someone actually suggested to combine options #1 and #3 for "giant ruins in a jungle", and that's spot on: Since the Giant-Kings are so important to the background history of the World of Xoth, the jungle ruins will also be connected with the Giant-Kings in various ways. This is another reason why it makes sense to publish the jungle adventure first; the player characters can then continue on to the higher-level adventure to discover more about the Giant-Kings.

Thanks again for all the votes and useful feedback!

xoth.publishing

Here's a status update: The first of these adventures to see print (and of course PDF) will be the jungle city; the book is titled "Throne of Gondira" and will be suitable for 4th to 6th-level characters. It includes wilderness exploration, social encounters, as well as plenty of dark dungeons to loot and savage monsters to slay!

Artwork is done by the talented Steve Lines (who also did the cult illustrations for the Player's Guide to the World of Xoth). Here's an early preview of the cover page:

xp6_teaser2.JPG

You have heard the wild tales of fabled Gondira, a city built by the sons of giants, with a palace of white marble and gates of beaten gold, now hidden by the jungle and haunted by white apes who walk upright like men.

Can you penetrate the steaming jungles of the south to discover the lost city and bring back its treasures, or will you die before you can set eyes upon the throne of Gondira?

Stay tuned for further status updates... :)

xoth.publishing

Another status update: "Throne of Gondira" is now available!!! :)

A stand-alone 60-page sword and sorcery adventure module for character levels 4-6, written for the Fifth Edition of the world's most popular roleplaying game and usable with any fantasy roleplaying game ruleset or edition.

The book is available both as a PDF and (soon) in print. Check out this page for more information:

Xoth.Net Publishing - XP6: Throne of Gondira

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases