D&D 5E What kind of adventure would you like to run/play? (quick poll)

What kind of adventure would you like to run/play?

• Poll closed .

xoth.publishing

Swords against tentacles!
I'm planning to run Throne of Gondira as an online game over the coming months, if anyone is interested, check out this post:

xoth.publishing

Swords against tentacles!
The first review of Throne of Gondira is in! Go read it yourself in full at the Age of Dusk blog (but be aware the full review has several spoilers, including maps).

Here are the choice bits:

Throne of Gondira is a sword and sorcery module with a capitol S. It lives Sword & Sorcery. It breathes Sword & Sorcery. It grinds S&S into a fine powder and snorts it up with swinish abandon. The module is laced through with quotes from the works of R.E. Howard, H.P. Lovecraft and C.A. Smith. The demi-humans have been stripped out and replaced with different breeds of men, some barbaric, others decadent or the degenerate remnants of a once great civilization. The orcs and goblins of vanilla fantasy have been replaced with Giant White Apes, Pterodactyls, restless spirits, savage natives and the trademark tasteful sprinkling of science fantasy. A risque exotic temptress with a barbarous lust for torture. A fallen civilization inhabited by troglodytic remnants.

About the dungeon design:

Dungeon design is good. I am jaded from reading 5e material that it is almost shocking to see someone remember all the craftsmanship and apply it in a way that does not completely go against the modern format. Faction play abounds, to the point where I feel commentary is almost unneccessary. You can ally with a tonne of people, but they all have their own motivations, things are not handed to you on a platter, and some allies are actually treacherous naughty words. There are gates to be lifted. Bars to be bent. Secret doors to uncover. Then carvings or statues give hints at the locations of those secret doors, or even diligent mapping. The various traps and glyphs of warding (!) are interspersed with natural hazards; rotting rope bridges, quicksand, slippery stairways, cliffs that must be mounted. There are parts where you can push your luck for extra treasure.

In conclusion:

The City proper is excellent, a palace, several locations, and a fairly expansive underground realm consisting of 6 floors, interconnected, often via secret passageways. Supremely well done.

Unsurprisingly, I'm very happy that the reviewer liked my work! :)

Remove ads