What Licensed RPG Do You Wish Existed But Doesn't?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Mass Effect. Please God, I need a Mass Effect RPG
tumblr_pomwslHGTX1xyem48o1_500.gif

Undrave

Legend
Pirates of the Caribbean, if you can get ship combat to work.

While the plots got wacky and Jack Sparrow gets on one’s nerves after a while, the ideas were generally pretty solid adventure hooks, and there’s more where that came from.
Which reminds me I was musing on Twitter on how it would probably be possible to make a Dread style game where you replace the Jenga tower with a Pop Up Pirate.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Malazan was mentioned up thread. Ironically it started as a GURPS game.

Simon R. Greens books, The Deathstalker series, Hawk and Fisher, or pretty much anything else. All are very gameable I think.

Another vote for Malazan as well.

SRG's books could definitely get their own rpg - the Nightside and Secret Histories books are definitely diverse and crazy enough to support their own game worlds, and I've been mining Hawk & Fisher for D&D stuff since I first read the books decades ago.

CLD: Collective Landing Detachment by Victor Milan might have enough meat on its bones to make for an interesting game if the world was a bit more fleshed out - it's basically the lovechild of Starship Troopers and WH40K - but would probably make an even better tabletop skirmish game.

The Thieftaker Chronicles series by D.B. Jackson is about a conjurer working as a thieftaker in immediately-pre-Revolutionary-War Boston. With a little fleshing out of the setting, you could have games of political intrigue, magic, soldiers, pirates, thieves...

Aldarc

Legend
The more I think about it, the angier I am that there is no ME ttrpg.
I would probably look at the AGE system, since it was first designed for Bioware's Dragon Age RPG and has expanded with a Modern AGE and the Expanse RPG. A lot of the pieces for a Mass Effect RPG are scattered among the different publications.

Remove ads