What Licensed RPG Do You Wish Existed But Doesn't?

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Godzilla. After the Legendary movies, I really wanted there to be a game where you could play investigators (perhaps MONARCH agents?) who are trying to find out the truth about the existence of the various Kaiju, and let the players have their own "pet" Kaiju that can take part in giant monster battles.

Then you get players like me who will say "but I want to play a kaiju!" And I do.

Okay, seriously. Julian May's Saga of Pliocene Exile.
I created a homebrew version of it for M&M 1e. It's one of those settings that just cries out to be gamed in! Though I concentrated more on the Galactic Milieu books.

I also don’t think there has ever been a full adaptation of the Covenant/Land series.
Oooh! Interesting!! Of course, there's the burning question of "which era?"

Also, are the PCs from Earth? Native to the Land? Both? If the former, are they allowed to have white gold?

Hex08

Hero
Great choice. I also don’t think there has ever been a full adaptation of the Covenant/Land series.
This would be my first choice. Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed and Arcana Evolved borrowed some elements pretty heavily from it.

I also think John Scalzi's series The Interdependency or Alastair Reynolds' Revelation Space books would be great settings for games.

Last edited:

Hex08

Hero
Oooh! Interesting!! Of course, there's the burning question of "which era?"

Also, are the PCs from Earth? Native to the Land? Both? If the former, are they allowed to have white gold?
My choice would be for it to be set during the First Chronicles, or at least before the Sunbane really set in. PC's from Earth could be an option but I think I would rather them from the Land and I would have to say a hard no on them having white gold.

My choice would be for it to be set during the First Chronicles, or at least before the Sunbane really set in. PC's from Earth could be an option but I think I would rather them from the Land and I would have to say a hard no on them having white gold.
There's really so many possibilities! Back in High Lord Kevin's time for really epic stuff, the First Chronicles for more "normal" fantasy, the Sunbane era for post-apocalyptic, and so on. The time between White Gold Wielder and the Sunbane seems perfect, actually - there's almost no lore to contradict, and it was a long period of ups and downs.

I might just create a thread about this.

Remove ads