• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What other games besides D&D do you play?

Herpes Cineplex

First Post
It would take too much space to list all the systems we've played in our group, let alone the games themselves, and no one would bother reading it anyway.

So instead I'll just limit the list to what we're playing now and what games we're likely to be playing over the next year or so and the systems each game uses, so no one can bother reading that instead. ;)

Currently playing:
Scarred Lands (D&D3)
NYC vampires (Vampire 2nd edition)

Upcoming:
Project Tenebrous (Marvel Universe Roleplaying Game, the new and sadly discontinued one with the stones)
Old Republic Star Wars (Star Wars d20 revised)
Farscape: The Price of Freedom (Farscape d20)
Thief (GURPS, heavily modified)
45rpm: Spycraft Bebop (Spycraft in the Cowboy Bebop setting)
Mountains of Madness (Call of Cthulhu BRP mega-adventure)
Various pickup and/or one-shot games (Feng Shui, D&D3, Mutants and Masterminds, Adventures in Science, Underworld, Star Wars d20, and others)

Tenebrous will be taking over from our Scarred Lands game sometime in the next three weeks. The vampire game is winding down, too, but we haven't decided what will replace it. Right now the drift seems to be towards filling its spot with pickups and one-shots until everyone's schedules settle down.

--
we have a website in progress for tenebrous, if anyone's interested
ryan

Last edited:

Wombat

First Post
ragboy said:
Woo Hoo! Another Sengoku head!

Err, well, not entirely.

It's more like one of the other guys in my group is a Fuzion head, so I am willing to play. Not particularly enamoured of the Fuzion system, but not entirely against it either. I like the background material in Sengoku (great read if nothing else!), but so far (3 sessions) the play is still pretty stilted. Of course part of that may be the fact that this is a neophyte GM. :)

Breakdaddy

First Post
Currently besides 3.5e D&D we are playing:

D20 Modern (military style tactical focus)
D20 Star Wars (A d20 conversion of Darkstryder)

I want to start a game of M&M too, but damned if I can convince these guys to play so far. Ill keep trying!

Acid_crash

First Post
Breakdaddy said:
I want to start a game of M&M too, but damned if I can convince these guys to play so far. Ill keep trying!

I am in the same situation with my group. I have mentioned other games like Heavy Gear (which is pretty cool), Exalted (another cool game), and even MnM (great supers game), but they only want to play D&D. I am hoping that with some upcoming games I may get them from D&D for a while, but all I can do is try.

VorpalBunny

Explorer
I just wrapped a Lord of the Rings Chronicle using Decipher's CODA system. My group has played: Shadowrun, Conan, d20 Modern, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Vampire: The Masquerade, Star Wars d20, Hackmaster, Gamma World, Wheel of Time, MERP, Spycraft and Alternity.

Last edited:

Eyeless One

First Post
I'm in the process of relocating from a tiny rural town at the moment and not playing anything right now. However, I've just started buying the Star Wars d20 system books and can't wait to find a Chicago-area group to try it out with once I get settled in.

Do you mean play, or own? As I said in another thread, I haven't played in a long time. I have a bunch of games I own, though.

"Sort of" D&D: Arcana Unearthed, Dragonstar, Ravenloft, Legend of the Five Rings, Midnight, Dragonlance

D20: Call of Cthulu, D20 Modern, Babylon 5, Stargate SG-1, Farscape, Wheel of Time, Spycraft, Traveller T20, Star Wars

Non-D20: GURPS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, Classic Traveller, Twilight: 2000, Babylon 5 Wars

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads