• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What other games besides D&D do you play?

Acid_crash

First Post
I'm just wondering how many of us Enworlders play other games besides D&D...sometimes it's nice to know what other games people are willing to play and see how popular some other games are among us.

Just the other day I was browsing and found the Wild Talents yahoo group, and downloaded their 7.1 version of the playtest document...it's a very unique system, and pretty cool. It's one I am going to try out in the nearby future, just to do it.

Other games I am planning on playing later this year is d6 adventure, fire born, and weapons of the gods. What about some of you?

Laslo Tremaine

Explorer
My current games...

D&D 3.5e - A game set in Green Ronin's Freeport
Mutants & Masterminds - Set in our fictional Meridian City
Ars Magica 4.0 - A spring covenant located not far from Valencia on the Iberian peninsula...

AIM-54

First Post
I am first and foremost a Shadowrunner as that has become my game of choice over the past few years. Unfortunately my group here is pretty hesitant to try it out and I haven't really looked for any other runners in the area due to time constraints... :(

My other games include BattleTech/MechWarrior, Robotech: The RPG (which I'm currently working on modifying from the Palladium system to something that makes sense and is playable :p ), as well as any variety of homebrew systems that my friends on the homefront come up with, though my ability to play those is increasingly restricted by my having moved away.

I'll pretty much play anything at least once, though. No new system-phobia here. :)

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Let's see... Star Wars is always fun as is Traveller. I like most of the White-Wolf line but haven't tried Hunter, Demon, Mummy, or Exalted yet. I love Twilight:2000 and Cyberpunk but I'm having difficulty finding groups that play them or are willing to give them a shot. MERP and GURPS are cool too but once again, finding a group is kind of difficult. In short, I'm happy playing pretty much anything because for me gaming is a social activity. It definitely beats sitting in front of the computer playing Evercrack.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Arcana Unearthed. I know... it's still basically D&D. :)

One of my players ran a D20 Star Wars one-shot this weekend. We had the pleasure of slaughtering a whole horde of genetically engineered Ewoks. :D

Samothdm

First Post
I assume that you're only referring to RPGs with this question. In that case, currently I'm only playing and DM'ing in D&D/d20 games.

One of the players in one of the games I'm in has expressed a very strong desire to check out GURPS 4th Edition so he might want to player and/or GM in that once it's available.

As far as non-RP games... one of my groups is really into German strategy board games. We play Puerto Rico (the current favorite, it seems), Ra, and a bunch of other ones but I'm blanking right now. I also like Settlers of Cataan. There's also a bunch of fun card games like Frank's Zoo. I like called "Set" - it's pretty neat because you can play it solo or with a bunch of others.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads