What other games do you play?

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Currently playing Primetime Adventures (with crazy_cat, so my list is basically his list, heh). It is very cool.

So, yeah, other recent games include:
Call of Cthulhu (apparently sort of Delta Greenish, but I wouldn't really know)
Traveller (completely awesome - loved it to bits)
D&D 3.5 (Dark Sun, Eberron, Dragonlance)
d20 homebrew (mixes 3.5, AE and Conan rules)
Torg (how could you forget Torg, crazy_cat?! You were such a fan!! :p )

Gonna be playing a Dread one-shot at Hallowe'en and some WoD Dark Ages at Xmas. Also planning to run Mage: the Ascension soon (although if you had asked me last month, I would have said I'm planning to run MRQ Elric. I'm a bit fickle like that...) Would also like to try Sorcerer, In Nomine and Kult (although am more likely to fold ideas from the latter two into certain other games of a purple hue...)

Other games over the years have included B/X D&D, AD&D 1 and 2, MERP, FASA Star Trek, Cthulhu Gaslight, Warhammer, Tunnels & Trolls, James Bond, Torg (because it deserves to mentioned twice), Mage (so does this one), Vampire, Werewolf, Wraith, WoD Mortals (all of these oWoD), Pendragon, Conspiracy X (played this for ages and still had no idea what was going on), Shadowrun, Cyberpunk 2020, Golden Heroes, Paranoia, and some really kooky homebrews using rules that we made up ourselves.

Last edited:

mcrow

Explorer
In the last year or so I have played:

Burning Empires
D&D 3.5
2ed AD&D
Nebuleon
Roma Imperious
Star Cluster 2
In Harm's Way
Hero
Earth AD
Coyote Trail

The_Gneech

Explorer
Recently, other than D&D I've played (and/or run) SWSE, Star Wars (Revised), and Tunnels & Trolls 30th Anniversary Edition.

In the past, I was all HERO all the time when I could arrange it -- not quite so keen on the current incarnation (as they seem to have gone a little crazy nutso with "a suite of ten different powers for every little effect" -- seriously, Stretching to indicate the increased reach of a larger character?).

-The Gneech :cool:

What do I play, or what have I played?

I play Cthulhu on occasion, mostly for one shots, but I'd take it up anytime. I play a lot of d20 Modern---by the book and modified, both. There's a proposal to our group at the moment to have a Shadowrun 4e mini-campaign. I run a Star Wars game based on The Window for my kids irregularly.

If I could choose, I'd probably actually triple that list, though. Lots of other games I like, but don't play regularly. Or at all, sometimes.

buzz

Adventurer
My two regular groups play D&D 3.5. I recently left a long-running HERO game, having become thoroughly burned out on the system.

At GenCon and ENWorld Gamedays, I generally make a point of running and playing anything but D&D. My favorites so far have been Spirit of the Century, Burning Wheel, and Burning Empires.

Rechan said:
Aside from D&D, I am desperately awaiting The Dresden Files Roleplaying Game to be released by Evil Hat.
Have you applied to be in their playtest? I'd love to, but I don't have a group that would actually help me. :)

Iron Captain

First Post
I'm going to be playing Castles and Crusades pretty soon I hope.

I've played the percentile Version of Cthulhu.
I want to play Unknown Armies 2nd Edition and I have the book and everything.

Also the first ever RPG that I played was "Das Schwarze Auge", known as "The Black Eye" in english I believe.

And I've played the free Fallout RPG that my friend found.

jonathan swift

First Post
Lately:

HERO
Savage Worlds
Spirit of the Century
Faerie's Tale

Working on running/playing soon:

Shadowrun
Zorcerer of Zo
Pumpkin Town
Burning Wheel