• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What pre-3E D&D book are you using most in your 3.X game?

cmrscorpio

Explorer
All things Planescape!

Since 3.x came out, i've run 3 different Planescape campaigns. The material was just so good; light on crunch, heavy on fluff. Unlike alot of stuff out there, particular the WotC 3.x stuff, the old Planescape books were just fun to read.

ForceUser

Explorer
Glyfair said:
Which book (or books) do you find yourself still using?
AD&D 2nd Edition Historical Reference: Vikings Campaign Sourcebook
AD&D 2nd Edition Historical Reference: Celts Campaign Sourcebook
AD&D 2nd Edition Legends & Lore

I just finished running a group through Land Beyond the Magic Mirror. Were my players ever to journey to my Arabian land, I'd pull out the Al Qadim stuff as well.

Old_Man_Fish

First Post
All things Greyhawk:

The Greyhawk Boxed Set
From the ashes
Greyhawk adventures
The marklands
Iuz the evil​

oh yeah, and quite a few old dungeon mags. (must complete collection ....)

Psion said:

I'm with you for most of this Psion. The Dragon Magazine Archive is a great tool. The World Builder's Guidebook is one of the best books of its type out there as is the Complete Book of Villains. I would add the Encyclopedia Magica to the list. I love just looking through the 4 books if nothing else!

Olaf the Stout

Sledge

First Post
For the most part I use Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue a lot. In my spelljammer game I of course reference spelljammer, and for anything on the planes I keep me 1e Manual of the Planes handy.

NiTessine

Explorer
Yeah, like they said, Planescape.

Plus, in FR games, above all, the trilogy Faiths & Avatars, Powers & Pantheons and Demihuman Deities. That's how you make a proper god book.

Brakkart

First Post
I'd have to say the non 3E book I get the most use out of would be Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog, though for a camapign that I am working on writing, I'm making heavy use of the Ruined Kingdoms sourcebox from the Al-Qadim line.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads