• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Race Are You Currently Playing

What Race are You Currently Playing

• Dwarf

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Elf

Votes: 22 12.5%
  • Gnome

Votes: 9 5.1%
  • Half-Elf

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Half-Orc

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Halfling

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Human

Votes: 80 45.5%
  • Other Humanoid (Tiefling, Githyanki, Kobold, etc)

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Other Monster Race (Mindflayer, Elemental, Awakened Animal, etc)

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Other Other (something alltogether different).

Votes: 3 1.7%

Hygric

First Post
well, my character at the moment is Sirena, a human / half fire elemental sorceress (long story behind being a half fire elemental involving death, gods and, suspiciously, no cabbage whatsoever). So I polled as githyanki / other etc etc. A bit wierd, but not a mindflayer or anything like that.

mistergone

First Post
I'm playing a dwarf ranger in a game with three elf-lovers and a couple really bland human characters. Lately, the elfs seems to take plasure in mocking the dwarf, which started as all in good fun, but the last game it seemed a couple of them started taking shots at my ability as a player or something, especially after a streak of bad die rolls, which they found really really funny. I'm stumped as to why, except that I'm the outsider (I've known the DM for years but all of the others have been friends since highchool i think), plus I'm not super social amongst people I don't know well at first, PLUS I was trying to roleplay the dwarf as a rough wilderness mercenary, but it seems this group has a hard time with roleplaying or something. Ah well.

The Allamistako

First Post
In the rare cases I'm not making life merry hell for my loving pit fiend.... *Bash, aua*, errrrr, my girlfriend and our mad merry band of psychos.... errrr, our magnificent gaming group, I'm running around as a Human Chaos Mage, or a Half-Orc Rouge ("Diplomatic assisstent" is his job description...)

-Alla

Gez

First Post
My PCs in various campaigns:

1 rock gnome in FR;
1 lightfoot halfling in FR;
1 forest gnome in a Vanilla Stone Age Homebrew (tm);
1 oriental human in another homebrew.

You should have allowed multiple answers.

I voted gnome as they are half my characters, but the most played is the halfling.

diaglo

Adventurer
krunchyfrogg said:
Gotta give it to 3e. All the old editions said that human was the most common race, but nobody ever wanted to play one (they didn't get anything special).

maybe in your case. but human was the most common race in my campaign.

14 active players in one group.

11 humans
1 elf
1 dwarf
1 hobbit converted to halfling.

of course, they all started as Original D&D characters and converted to 1edADnD.

but the gaming club i ran at my school also was mostly human.

30 active players with 3 DMs. i don't remember the exact numbers but about 50% of the PCs were human.

Thresher

First Post
Guess its an elf, a black skinned, bad tempered elf I made up in 1992-3 and still play her when I can in Hygric's contempory GH game, a gimp but much loved.
Current PC's at the moment are a human male monk in Dan's FR game, cant say I like the monk much but he's the archtypical martial-arts wannabe so its kinda funny.
Aparet from that theres a Flan human rogue in Hygrics 'Olde tymes' Greyhawk who I really like playing.

Hygric

First Post
Don't give the drow short shrift sir, she can still meteor swarm with the best of them. Heck, you would give Tenser a run for his money. Let alone that Mordenkainen person...

As for the Olde Tymes greyhawk game (better name than age of legends by the way, mind if I nick it?) I am going to be running some Slaine soon so that I can see what mechanics I want to steal for that setting, so you too could be an Ukko rather than a thief!

And does Micarlin realy date back to 92??? Gods I feel old...

WizarDru

Adventurer
diaglo said:
maybe in your case. but human was the most common race in my campaign.

My experience matched his: humans were taken much less often than other races...most likely because they were dull in comparison, and we were young and much more into powergaming, then. Besides which, if you converted from OD&D, you only had four races to choose from anyhow, right?:)

These days, Human is the clear winner, I think, with Elves running a close second, in the games I play in.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads