What rules and mechanics from other systems would you like to import into your 5e games?

SHAFFSTER

First Post
After attending a game day a few weeks ago, one mechanic I’d like to see in a 5e game is mixing in the “Destiny” mechanic (the light side/dark side) from FFG Edge of the Empire with inspiration in the game somehow. Personally I forget to award it a lot, and such a mechanic would keep it in front of everyone’s mind for frequent use rather than see people hoard them.

Yeah this is another good mechanic from that system and I think it’s a good alternative to inspiration. Just call it something like “Hero points” that any player can use for advantage and “vaillain points” for the GM. I also like how it can be used as a resource to modify the narrative. “Oh look, I definitely DID remember to bring my grappling hook”(flips hero point)

Something like the mental health from "Unkown Armies", and like levels of health from Storytelling System by White Wolf.

Also I have thought about rules for transhumanism ergos and morphes from "Eclipse Phase", a rpg where all players can be killed, but the game to be a success.

Remove ads