TSR What TSR-era RPG should get an official 5e reboot?

What old TSR RPG should be brought into the 5e fold?

• Boot Hill. I like guns!

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Crimefighters. I like pulp fiction!

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Gamma World. I like mutants!

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Gangbusters. I like gangsters!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marvel Super Heroes. I like super heroes!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Star Frontiers. I like space!

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Top Secret. I like spies!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • I do not cross the streams, and I keep my fantasy pure.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • You cannot make me talk, and I plead the 5th Amendment.

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Poll closed .

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Well, I am arbitrary and capricious! But the reason it wasn't included was because it was from 1998; I was trying to keep it to the 70s-80s products. Same reason I didn't put in the bad GURPS clone (Amazing Engine).
Doesn't give those of us who didn't start playing until the '90s or later much to vote on. But I guess boomers and Gen Xers should have their nostalgic fun. :)

Wiseblood

Adventurer
Interesting that the only two that haven't received any votes are Crimefighters and Gangbusters.

Not very popular genres? Or not popular games?

I would have voted for them but I couldn't pick more than one. I did not play the original versions. Not sure if 5e design could or would handle any of the games on the list. It might be chocolate and peanut butter or it might be pralines and d**k.

No, it's using its own system for it. I'm quite excited to see it when it comes out.

As for Gangbusters/Crimefighters, back in the day, I never even saw a copy of one of those, let alone played it!

You know, I totally forgot about that. It's not using the 5e SRD though, right? I need to look that one up...

Tony Vargas

Legend
Interesting that the only two that haven't received any votes are Crimefighters and Gangbusters.

Not very popular genres? Or not popular games?
I only remember Gangbusters as a Dragon Magazine mini-game. it was cool, it actually made an impression, but I didn't even know it had ever seen a full version. Never heard of Crimefighters.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases