TSR What TSR-era RPG should get an official 5e reboot?

What old TSR RPG should be brought into the 5e fold?

• Boot Hill. I like guns!

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Crimefighters. I like pulp fiction!

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Gamma World. I like mutants!

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Gangbusters. I like gangsters!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marvel Super Heroes. I like super heroes!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Star Frontiers. I like space!

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Top Secret. I like spies!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • I do not cross the streams, and I keep my fantasy pure.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • You cannot make me talk, and I plead the 5th Amendment.

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Poll closed .

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I know I am probably in the minority here, but I actually played more Top Secret in the early eighties than D&D.

Wonky rules? Sure. Super cool intrigue during the Cold War? You bet!

If they reboot, I would prefer they set it during the 1950's-1980's. Great time to be a spy. ;)

Top Secret is actually getting a new edition! Designed by Rasmussen, even.

For my part, I'm going with Gamma World, for all that post-apocalyptic zaniness. I have fond memories of playing a mutated mushroom.

I know I am probably in the minority here, but I actually played more Top Secret in the early eighties than D&D.

Wonky rules? Sure. Super cool intrigue during the Cold War? You bet!

If they reboot, I would prefer they set it during the 1950's-1980's. Great time to be a spy. ;)

Tony Vargas

Legend
Gamma World is the most re-booted of TSR games, AFAIK. I count no less than 7 editions (counting either Omega World or S&SS's execrable d20 Modern version, but not both). I quite liked the 1st, 4th, & 7th. (OK, and Omega World.) Then there was Metamorphosis Alpha, also through several incarnations. Between the two, they were done in proto-d20 TSR-de-facto-core-D&Dish-system, actual d20, 4e-influenced-d20, FASE/RIP (ick), Amazing Engine, and Alternity. That's too many reboots under too many systems.
So, while I love it, it's hardly fair to ask for it yet again.

I actually played Star Frontiers more than a little at the time, and haven't heard a peep about it in a long time... yeah.

Sacrosanct

Legend
What, no wood burning set? Or a soap opera game?

I don't think they could do Marvel Super Heroes. Licensing that IP is beyond the budget, I'd be guessing.

I liked Boot Hill. Still have my dice as a matter of fact.

Remove ads