TSR What TSR-era RPG should get an official 5e reboot?

What old TSR RPG should be brought into the 5e fold?

• Boot Hill. I like guns!

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Crimefighters. I like pulp fiction!

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Gamma World. I like mutants!

Votes: 27 30.7%
  • Gangbusters. I like gangsters!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marvel Super Heroes. I like super heroes!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Star Frontiers. I like space!

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Top Secret. I like spies!

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • I do not cross the streams, and I keep my fantasy pure.

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • You cannot make me talk, and I plead the 5th Amendment.

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Poll closed .

Ed Laprade

First Post
Was on the fence as to who should get my vote, Gamma World or Marvel Super Heroes. Decided on MSH, mostly because GM has had several incarnations and MSH was great in a somewhat different way. (Besides, it ain't agonna happen anyway.) And you (Lowkey) get XP for no Buck Rogers! (I have nothing to say about the game itself, but it leaves a very bad taste indeed.)

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I can only guess as to what most of these are. So... I plead the Fifth.
One... two... three... four... Fiiiiiiiiifth!

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Heck no!

But Buck Rogers is (allegedly) one of the ways that Lorraine Williams was able to get ... excess money from TSR. Bad taste, and all that.

Yeah, that's my understanding, too. The whole Buck Rogers debacle also seems to have alienated a lot of the TSR staff. It should stay dead and buried.

But, really I AM surprised about Alternity being listed. I thought that had a decent following (though I never played it).

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
There's actually a great website that has all the original materials (rulebooks, modules, etc.) as pdfs and for free.

It's my understanding that it's allowed by WoTC, so long as they aren't being sold.

It's a great site. I played in a SF campaign a couple years back using the material from there. Had a blast.

So, yeah one of those votes for Star Frontiers is from me. :D

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
What, no wood burning set? Or a soap opera game?

I don't think they could do Marvel Super Heroes. Licensing that IP is beyond the budget, I'd be guessing.

I liked Boot Hill. Still have my dice as a matter of fact.

I don't think it would be that hard to license Marvel Super Heroes for an RPG. After all, Green Ronin, a much smaller company, was able to license the DC Super Heroes not that long ago.

hejtmane

Explorer
Star Frontiers was more like the Marvel game it relied on the d10 system and the stats worked the same and I still have the original books of that game

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I don't think it would be that hard to license Marvel Super Heroes for an RPG. After all, Green Ronin, a much smaller company, was able to license the DC Super Heroes not that long ago.
Marvel had a great system in Margaret Weiss' Marvel Heroic system. But they got greedy and tanked the license when it got very popular. Only lasted like 3 years :( Sad. Stupid Marvel.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases