• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What was your first module?

Stormborn

Explorer
Sunless Citadel

I still remember with glee when my half-elven sorc beat a dire rat to death with his quarter staff. Ah....simpler times.

Blackwind

Explorer
Another one for Zanzer Tem. I tried running it for my dad after only having played one game with a friend of mine (we were nine). I obviously still didn't understand the rules because I had him rolling to hit (hit, not damage) on 1d8 and he died in the first room.

The first published module I played in was B2 Keep on the Borderlands, DMed by a friend's uncle. We tried on and off for about a year to beat that module but the attrition rate was very high - our PCs were always offing each other. The DM created a house rule that if your character dies, your new character starts two levels lower than your last one (minimum 1st, of course). Eventually I managed to get my cleric, Lliria, to 3rd level and when one of the other characters retired, he willed her his suit of plate mail. Yes!

A'koss

Explorer
Clangador said:
Damn, you attacked the keep? Perhaps your DM should have said something about that not being normal behavior.
You presume our DM had actually run a game before and knew any better than we did. ;)

Okay, it has hit points and gold pieces... surely that means it must be killed.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
A'koss said:
You presume our DM had actually run a game before and knew any better than we did. ;)

Okay, it has hit points and gold pieces... surely that means it must be killed.
Honestly, it's a pretty good argument. There's no point in statting out the castellan otherwise.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads