• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What will you use for minions?

JMCampbell82

Explorer
Seems people are getting their hands on Keep on the Shadowfell now.

So, I'll throw in a little discussion on it.

One of the things that I hadn't thought of when getting ready for 4e is the sheer number of minions they(you) throw at the party.

several encounters feature 8+ minions of one creature type attacking the party.

I've gone through my minis ended up with just a rabble of vaguely appropriate looking minis, which I hope I'll be able to keep straight.

It'd be easier if I played Warhammer. I could get a box set (battalion? regiment? whatever they call them.) and make them generic looking. but that would be an expensive proposition.

So for those of you that don't have a several pallets worth of mins, what do you intend to use as minions?
I was thinking maybe pennies and nickels?
buttons and half-marbles?

what solutions do you guys have?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
One recommendation for Fiery Dragon's Counter Collection Digital. I just print out as many of the little buggers as I need, using nothing more than decent quality white paper. I've been really happy with it.

I also use glass beads or coins, but the counters are more fun.

ZetaStriker

First Post
I'm going to be describing them, and marking a little 'M' on a piece of graph paper when I feel I need to keep track of things on my own. I'm not going to use minis, and although I'm thinking about trying one session with a battlemat, I'm still leaning towards good ol' description based encounters.

Anyway, I was disappointed when I enterred this topic. For some reason I was hoping for a discussion about "What will you use minions for?"

Stoat

Adventurer
In these latter days, I game online. So, I'll google image something appropriate, and dupe it as many times as I need.

Rechan

Adventurer
Glass beads, dice, counters, llittle rubber bunnies (seriously), pennies, anything I can find essentially. Just like what I'll use for monsters.

frankthedm

First Post
I have enough minis for most minion needs, but JIC, i have been making some video game sprite based counter sheets. With all that '4e is videogamey' chatter, I figured why not.

Keep on the shadowfell units

Chimera family

Remove ads