What will you use for minions?

JMCampbell82

Explorer
Seems people are getting their hands on Keep on the Shadowfell now.

So, I'll throw in a little discussion on it.

One of the things that I hadn't thought of when getting ready for 4e is the sheer number of minions they(you) throw at the party.

several encounters feature 8+ minions of one creature type attacking the party.

I've gone through my minis ended up with just a rabble of vaguely appropriate looking minis, which I hope I'll be able to keep straight.

It'd be easier if I played Warhammer. I could get a box set (battalion? regiment? whatever they call them.) and make them generic looking. but that would be an expensive proposition.

So for those of you that don't have a several pallets worth of mins, what do you intend to use as minions?
I was thinking maybe pennies and nickels?
buttons and half-marbles?

what solutions do you guys have?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
One recommendation for Fiery Dragon's Counter Collection Digital. I just print out as many of the little buggers as I need, using nothing more than decent quality white paper. I've been really happy with it.

I also use glass beads or coins, but the counters are more fun.

ZetaStriker

First Post
I'm going to be describing them, and marking a little 'M' on a piece of graph paper when I feel I need to keep track of things on my own. I'm not going to use minis, and although I'm thinking about trying one session with a battlemat, I'm still leaning towards good ol' description based encounters.

Anyway, I was disappointed when I enterred this topic. For some reason I was hoping for a discussion about "What will you use minions for?"

Stoat

Adventurer
In these latter days, I game online. So, I'll google image something appropriate, and dupe it as many times as I need.

Rechan

Adventurer
Glass beads, dice, counters, llittle rubber bunnies (seriously), pennies, anything I can find essentially. Just like what I'll use for monsters.

frankthedm

First Post
I have enough minis for most minion needs, but JIC, i have been making some video game sprite based counter sheets. With all that '4e is videogamey' chatter, I figured why not.

Keep on the shadowfell units

Chimera family

Remove ads