D&D 5E What would you want to see in a hypothetical 5e Kaldheim Campaign Setting Book?

What would you want to see in a hypothetical 5e Kaldheim Campaign Setting Book?

I'd want lots and lots of maps, Haggi Trolls and some other new playable races, more Mythic monsters, Doomskar rules and optional rules for Setting Kaldheim in different multiverses like how to put it in the default D&D Cosmology, how to put it in the Blind Eternities, what if you want it to just be its own seperate multiverse, with optional rules for each option like no Planeshift spell for the Blind Eternities version.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
- New archetypes for most classes: I would want to avoid the trope that all viking-esque character is a barbarian or a druid.

Maybe re-do the giant origin for sorcerer or maybe a blizzard origin (4e had one PP like that), reprint the rune-knight, give us a water-ice based ranger etc...

- A do-over for the arctic survival rules of Rime of the Frostmaiden.

- Ship rules for smaller ships

- Obvs new monsters, faction with reputation points tracking etc

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I'd want everything you've got in your OP... but I explicitly don't want any stuff on the multiverse. I'd prefer if they don't put any of that stuff in writing so that DMs can solve that riddle themselves.

If they absolutely must answer the D&D vs. MTG multiverse question, it should go in a Planescape/Multiverse book, and not be tied to a specific setting book.

Faolyn

(she/her)
What's a Kaldheim?
From what I gather, it's like Theros, but Norse instead of Greek. And it's very snowy.

@Henadic Theologian, what do you think are the most important aspects of the setting? Especially for those of us who don't know MtG. Do the gods play an important role? The wiki says that there are prophecies. Is this something that affects players--like, would there be Prophecy Gifts in the same way Theros had Supernatural Gifts? So far, both of the MtG settings for D&D showcased a particular optional rule from the DMG: renown for Ravnica and piety for Theros. What would Kaldheim showcase or introduce?

From what I gather, it's like Theros, but Norse instead of Greek. And it's very snowy.

@Henadic Theologian, what do you think are the most important aspects of the setting? Especially for those of us who don't know MtG. Do the gods play an important role? The wiki says that there are prophecies. Is this something that affects players--like, would there be Prophecy Gifts in the same way Theros had Supernatural Gifts? So far, both of the MtG settings for D&D showcased a particular optional rule from the DMG: renown for Ravnica and piety for Theros. What would Kaldheim showcase or introduce?

The Gods play an important part in Kaldheim, but not nearly as important as Theros, Kaldheim Gods are ageless, but still otherwise mortal, where as Theros Gods are indestructible and very inhuman.

Prophecy Gifts is an interesting idea, possibly.

I could Kaldheim introducing Doomskar rules, Snow Survival rules, Rune Magic beyond just the Rune Knight, some kind of Foretell inspired spells, maybe improved Water Vehicle Rules, possible rules for becoming a Kaldheim God.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Viking-themed?
Expand the Cold Weather rules a bit using 3e Frostburn for inspiration.
Include hypothermia (freezing, on land or in water)
Swimming - and drowning, for when you try to swim but fail
Ship combat and carrying capacity rules. Sure I "found" all this fancy stuff - can I get it all home?
Gear found on a ship that you don't encounter ashore (modern example: life jacket)

This might take a page or two each. I don't want realistic and detailed essays, I want more than just "Roll Survival, DC 15, to get through safely".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases