• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

When did you tell your kids Slash isn't real?

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
What?!? He's not Real?!?

Then who in the hell has been dropping a bottle of Jack Daniels and a carton of smokes down my chimney each year??????

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
My older son is 10 now and I think he should know the truth that Slash is not real. He's pretty mature and I think he'll take the news well. But I'm worried he'll let his little brother in on the secret. Advice?

Don't buy into the Axel Rose's aslashist propaganda! He is in fact real, so much so that when I was little he gave me a cigaret burn one morning as a sign of his disprovable in my taste of music.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
What?!? He's not Real?!?

Then who in the hell has been dropping a bottle of Jack Daniels and a carton of smokes down my chimney each year??????

Apparently it was Rhun!

Edit: If there really was a Slash to leave you liquor, it would have been Black Death Vodka, not JD.

Last edited:

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
"Yes, VIRGINIA, there is a Slash. He exists as certainly as booze and debauchery and groupies exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Slash. It would be as dreary as if there were no VIRGINIAS. There would be no power chords then, no vulgar lyrics, no screeching vocals to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. The eternal light with which childhood fills the world would be extinguished."

With apologies to Francis Church.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
" There would be no power chords then, no vulgar lyrics, no screeching vocals to make tolerable this existence. We should have no enjoyment, except in sense and sight. ."

LIES!

Power Cords, vulgar lyrics, and screeching vocals predated Slash.. as evident in this Kiss Song dated 1977.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkLOrfDAo4]YouTube - ‪Kiss Love Gun‬‏[/ame]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads