D&D General "When I DM, I Try to Make Sure to Lay Eyes on Every Roll My Players Make to Confirm It" (a poll)

"When I DM, I Try to Make Sure I Lay Eyes on Every Roll My Players Make to Confirm It"

• True.

Votes: 16 9.6%
  • False.

Votes: 151 90.4%

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
This one is pretty straightforward. . .

True or False: "When I DM, I Try to Make Sure I Lay Eyes on Every Roll My Players Make to Confirm It"

I game with my players because they're my friends.

Why would I call them friends if I don't trust them?

That said there was one person I gamed with whom wasn't my friend that I had 0 trust in his "rolls". He had a known habit of reporting rolls as the lowest possible because for him consatant crit failures were more fun.

I don't game with him any more.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I game with my players because they're my friends.

Why would I call them friends if I don't trust them?

That said there was one person I gamed with whom wasn't my friend that I had 0 trust in his "rolls". He had a known habit of reporting rolls as the lowest possible because for him consatant crit failures were more fun.

I don't game with him any more.

Woah. All joking aside, I've met players that cheat (WHY?), but I've never heard of someone that cheated in order to fail.

Q. "How do you know the player is lying?"

A. "Their lips are moving."
Hey they can lie to themselves without their lips moving!

But more to the point, no, I don't check rolls, because jeez, come on. I don't think I've seen a player try to hoodwink me re: a roll for like well over 20 years. Sure, sometimes a die gets "balanced" and the player may have an "opinion" as to what it rolled, or they'll insist on re-rolling a die that hit the floor, but whatever, that's not a big deal.

Remove ads