D&D 5E Whens the next update out ....

Istar

First Post
Or did I miss it.

And are they pretty much done with all the PHB1,2,3 errata
And AV's and DP and PP and the MP's must pretty much be done with by now ?

They doing a new AV any time soon ?

Or is it all pretty much just essential stuff they do these days ?

WalterKovacs

First Post
They've stopped doing the 'old style'. There isn't 'player's handbook 4' or 'adventurer's vault 3' coming out, etc.

The Monster Manuals seem to be going the route of Monster Vault: Subtitle. They come in a box with tokens, thus the 'vault' concept, I guess.

There is a new item book coming in the future, but it's titled Mordekaiden's Emporium, or something to that effect. Again, it's functionally equivalent to an Adventurer's Vault, but meant to have more flavor/story, etc.

Instead of another X Power book, there is going to be Heroes of Shadows, which will feature support for multiple classes (so far, a new build for paladin's and new wizarding schools have been confirmed, although there should be more). So, it's similr to the old power books, but focussing on a theme (dark magic, undead, the shadowfell, etc) instead of a power source.

There is going to be a Heroes of Sword and Spell which updates/reprints stuff from Player's Handbook 1 in addition to including rules on how to mix and match with Essential builds (multiclassing and the like). There is also a Heroes of the Heroic Tier book which seems to be introducing new options (professions, themes, etc)

There's also a Neverwinter campaign setting coming up, etc.

Most of that stuff is all in the new year. The Essentials branded stuff pretty much runs out. Specifically, Essentials is going to be defined as the books that the book store is supposed to always keep in stock, while newer content which may or may not be formatted the same way as Essentials products [I don't know how many hardcover books we'll be seeing anymore] would be treated like most of the older products ... which is that most places will likely not reorder if they sell out unless someone special orders it.

Istar

First Post
Okay thats pretty cool and explains it well, thanks for that, I can pass that on to the group.

They have also asked if there are any new rules updates like the March, July, Dec ones ?

WalterKovacs

First Post
The last rules update was for October (a small one), and there were also two rules updates that were listed as "Changes coming with Essenials". The first, as well as the October update, are already in the compiled rules update:

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Official D&D Updates Archive)

The one for Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdom (the second player book for Essentials) is available:

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Changes Coming in Essentials, Part 2)

Most of the Changes Coming in Essentials highlight the errata to older stuff reprinted in the new books (i.e. wizard spells with miss effects, races with multiple stat options, rarity of magic items, etc)

Destil

Explorer
Nice, they dropped the 'you can not use this power again on your next turn if you fail to engage the target' bit from Divine Challenge. No more stun/immobilize screwing them over for two rounds.

Remove ads