D&D 5E Which class(es) won the PHB?

Which class(es) won the PHB? (Pick up to 3)

• Barbarian

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Bard

Votes: 29 25.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • Druid

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Fighter

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Monk

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Paladin

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • Ranger

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Rogue

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Warlock

Votes: 50 43.5%
  • Wizard

Votes: 39 33.9%

• Poll closed .

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I chose Fighter. Much improved over previous playtests. Barbarian just.... ARG! Weaker in each succeeding playtest, and now much less versatile, too (no Dex-based Barbarian options). I can see liking it if you want to be Strong do lots of damage with strength and get hit all the time, but now much less versatile. I also don't much care for the totem path getting "spells". Barbarians aren't rangers or druids.

In previous playtests my "Barbarian" was re-skinned as a "Ninja" who used all the dex-based stuff (Hawk Totem) and the "rage" was actually a "combat trance". She could use Dex to hit (she just didn't get the damage bonus because it wasn't STR based). Now she's just not going to use a lot of the abilities (she isn't reckless, and her main weapons are dex-based, so no reason to use reckless attack). She'll still "rage" but now it is just damage reduction (she blocks attacks with her arm).

I hope that the Dex-barian comes back in a future book, in the meantime I'll just be less effective at fighting I guess and also refuse to use the "spells" that the animal totem stuff gives (it's not her style).
I feel you, man. Playtest barbarian was pretty great. I'm still bummed about the loss of the playtest Sorcerer, personally. I have most of the playtest packets saved, but I'm missing that one, so I can't even try to make a houseruled version. Argh.

Valetudo

Explorer
I picked warlock, fighter and rogue. Almost every other class comes in a close 4th though. Subclasses turned out a great way too add some umph to the classes. EK and AT for the fighter and rogue are looking really good as a way to gish your PC. Im a little disappointed because battlemaster falls short in making a true warlord, but I expected this and will live(if just barely). Monks are sounding like a good version this edition, but I still need to see them in play before I commit to that statement. I usually tend to play clerics, warlords, or dwarven fighter/clerics that specialize in defense( that last one looks better off going pally/cleric this time around). Sorcerers, druids and rangers seem to be the classes Im least interested in. What can I say about the warlock, other than they look sick. You can do alot of different things with them, its alomost like they have 9 subclasses the way you mix up praton and specialty.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I went with Fighter, Bard and Warlock, though Rogue and Sorcerer were close competition. I love how varied the Fighter subclasses are, Lore Bard is probably the greatest full spellcaster, and Warlock is dripping with awesome flavor. Rogue is really close, especially with Arcane Trickster. Sorcerer badly needs some love; Wild Magic is finally back and it's wonderful.

Joe Liker

First Post
Wizard: Finally -- FINALLY -- a wizard spell system that doesn't suck, not to mention the thought that went into the subclasses! Every one is a subclass I'd love to play.

Warlock: Because reasons mentioned above. Yep, it's a crazy-interesting class from both an RP and a character-building perspective.

But most of all, I'm going to say Paladin. I've never liked the class before, but I'd totally play a 5e Paladin. It's like they've stripped away all the stupidity and left us to gnaw on the delicious goo inside. IME, players are more than capable of slathering on their own stupidity. Or, you know, roleplaying elements that are actually interesting rather than trite. Either way.

Paraxis

Explorer
Bard!

Full casting + magical secrets + (attack & spell) = win

Magical secrets is the gift that keeps on giving, every time a new broken spell comes out it is available to the bard, that and being able to cast 4th and 5th level paladin & ranger spells well before any paladin or ranger and more of them is just amazing.

After Bard I picked Fighter (all those attacks and action surge), and then Warlock (depends on how often you can squeeze short rests out of your DM, but eldritch blasts and invocations are just great).

Psikerlord#

Explorer
I went for Fighter (love battlemaster and EK), WArlock (just looks really fun and interesting esp with short rest resets) and Barbarian. I just really like the idea of trying a brute who absorbs lots of damage and then crushes all before him. I suspect I pick up the martial adept feat for the Barb to add in a few maneovers to keep him interesting, though. Overall though I like all the classes except ranger and sorceror.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Hmm. Looks like Barbarian, Druid, Ranger, and Sorcerer are bringing up the rear. Interesting to note that all of these classes only have 2 subclasses. I think this may not be a coincidence.

Remove ads