• Foundry

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Tabletop Simulator

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 16 17.8%

Hex08

Hero
When I moved 12 years ago I didn't want to stop playing with my regular Sunday group so I bought Fantasy Grounds (I think it may even have been the only option available) and have been using it ever since. I'm not as proficient with the new version, Unity, as the old but I'm learning. I haven't had much desire to change; it works well, I am reasonably competent with it and all of my players know how to use it. Most importantly it works well with the games I play; Savage Worlds & Pathfinder 1E primarily but I've also run Call of Cthulhu, Castles & Crusades and some World of Darkness. I want to run some Forged in the Dark stuff but there is no official support for it although there are some player created options.

Sir Brennen

Legend
For me, I need multiple selection. We're currently playing our D&D (and previously, Savage Worlds) games on Roll20, but I recently bought Foundry and have been running Mörk Borg with it, and soon will use it for Pirate Borg and Death in Space. Since we alternate GMs every game day, I'm using both equally as much.

Edit: Thanks, @Hex08 !

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I was all F2F until the pandemic. I knew online was getting popular and folks were using VTTs. I tried Roll20 and found it to be rather poor aesthetically, but cant really complain for free use. I then tried Foundry because it was getting a lot of buzz. I finally feel like online can work for me. Great product if you dont mind digging in on the steep learning curve.

Hex08

Hero
get my Spotify playlist streaming through the tab,
I've thought about streaming music or sound effects during my game, I used to when I played around a table. My concern was that it would be distracting having both music and conversation coming through people's headset, whereas in person music it's just mood setting background noise. You find it works well?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I've thought about streaming music or sound effects during my game, I used to when I played around a table. My concern was that it would be distracting having both music and conversation coming through people's headset, whereas in person music it's just mood setting background noise. You find it works well?
Cant speak for how the fish does it, but its integrated into Foundry. I can control the volume so its very atmospheric without being distracting. Half the time I forget to even change the tune.

Reynard

Legend
I use Fantasy Grounds almost exclusively, but at this point it is mostly because I have so much money invested in it. I don't think I would choose it now, were I not already highly invested.

kenada

Legend
Supporter
When I run, if I run online, I use Foundry. I have the server set up, and the system support for what I run is good enough. When I play, I use whatever the group is using. That’s usually Discord or Roll20.

Remove ads