Whirlwind-

Artoomis

First Post
SpikeyFreak said:
Psifon, to be completely honest, according to the black and white of the rules, I think you are right.

But when discussing the rules, you really do have to take the the spirit of the rules into account. They didn't mean for you to be able to take a FFS in the middle of a WW attack.

--Spiritual Spikey

Well, as I pointed out, even if you do take a five-foot step in the middle that doesn't change who was within 5' of you when you started your whirlwind - the argument that you could then "shift" to those NOW wihtin 5' is pretty weak and clearly against intent.

So I'd allow the 5-foor step, though I don't know what value it would have. Maybe in certain, special sitiuations? I don't knwo - seems like it wouldn't matter if you took it in the middle or at the end of your attacks. (It' s probably easier to just not allow it).

Psifon

First Post
SpikeyFreak said:
Psifon, to be completely honest, according to the black and white of the rules, I think you are right.

But when discussing the rules, you really do have to take the the spirit of the rules into account. They didn't mean for you to be able to take a FFS in the middle of a WW attack.

--Spiritual Spikey

Thank you spikey.

IceBear

Explorer
Artoomis said:

Well, as I pointed out, even if you do take a five-foot step in the middle that doesn't change who was within 5' of you when you started your whirlwind - the argument that you could then "shift" to those NOW wihtin 5' is pretty weak and clearly against intent.

So I'd allow the 5-foor step, though I don't know what value it would have. Maybe in certain, special sitiuations? I don't knwo - seems like it wouldn't matter if you took it in the middle or at the end of your attacks. (It' s probably easier to just not allow it).

Exactly.

IceBear

Remove ads