• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy Revisited, OOC01

Leif

Adventurer
Aren't they a bunch of sweethearts? :)

Yes, no one should level-up quite yet. Will you go back into the dungeon next, or would you prefer to take the rest of today off, go back to Pembrose, level-up, and maybe have a drink?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
pembros, is that where the lord of this keep is? i am thinking that may be where we may want to go. ya know, to return that cool looking scepter ( now how to remove that emrald with no one looking....just kidding)

Leif

Adventurer
You may remember Pembrose, your characters surely do. That's the first town you came to in Quail Valley back when you were on your way to Twain to see Magus Crus. And you even had an audience with Lord Kyle at one point, which is how you knew to come clear out the hobgoblins from the keep. And you're all getting paid a little bit of money from him for this in addition to the treasure you've found. (He just said 250 gp each, I think.)

Is it all coming back now?
(I hope...)

KerlanRayne

Explorer
For the ENTIRE battle for the Hobgoblin keep so far, from the slipping over the wall, to the interrogation of the kobold slaves, to battling all of the hobgoblins, the Wizards are hereby awarded: 2,040 xp each, which when added to the previous total of 9,054 xp means that everyone* has a new total of: 11,094 xp
* By "everyone," I mean Tylara, Manny, Kerlan, Xavier, and Capizzio.
So how does the bonus XP from earlier fit into this? Is it included in there and Kerlan has 50 more, or was it left out and everyone has 100 more with Kerlan at 150 more? and if Capizzio gets the same amount of experience as us it shouldn't come from the same pool. His XP should be separate from ours and not reduce our XP any.

Also, I don't think we should leave. If there are prisoners down there they won't be happy about being left alone for a whole day. If there are enemies down there, they will probably either flee or get reinforcements from the Underdark. We should take care of them now. Kerlan, Tylara, and Capizzio still have spells left to use.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

So how does the bonus XP from earlier fit into this? Is it included in there and Kerlan has 50 more, or was it left out and everyone has 100 more with Kerlan at 150 more?

Also, I don't think we should leave. If there are prisoners down there they won't be happy about being left alone for a whole day. If there are enemies down there, they will probably either flee or get reinforcements from the Underdark. We should take care of them now. Kerlan, Tylara, and Capizzio still have spells left to use.

I am playing Capizzio as lierally having just gotten back and knows nothing of ehat you guys have done. what ever you tell him is what he will know.

Leif: as for what i remembered i remembered all of what you said except where we had met Lord Kyle. that verified what i needed to know.

]aside from that[ I think if it is brought to Capizzio's attention that there are prisoners, he will not want to leave until they are free. if he is told that there are still more enemies he likewise will not leave until they are dealt with...even more so is that they can have access to the under dark!!!!

]/aside from that[

Leif

Adventurer
Kerlan: I don't know of a way to say it that is more straightforward and plain than what I already said: EVERYBODY's new XP total is 11,094 xp. What's not clear about that? As far as the particulars of how a certain person got to this total, whatever anyone wishes that doesn't change the end result is fine with me.

And it makes me proud that Kerlan and Capizzio both want to keep going! :)

Scott DeWar

i saw you post for scotley as he is having internet issues, so do you know what he would have ty do?

Leif

Adventurer
If Kerlan ad Capizzio press onward, then Tylara will go along with them (at leat until Scotley gets back and says otherwise). What say Xavier and Manny?

Leif

Adventurer
We have 946 posts in the IC thread as of now. It occurs to me that it might make more sense to change threads at a logical place in the story, not just according to the post count. So....... we might could start a new thread when you descend into the Dungeon of the Hobgoblin Keep. What do you guys think? (I'd hate to be accused of wasting those 44 posts! :) )

Lou

Explorer
I thought I already posted this....

Xavier is willing to go on to battle evil and rescue people in need. I'm not quite ready to propose my new character yet....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads