D&D General Why are "ugly evil orcs" so unpopular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remathilis

Legend
I really disagree with this. Eberron is not great because it's different. Eberron is great because it has good ideas in it. D&D has been getting closer and closer to Eberron over the years (alignment, less racial definitions and more cultural definitions...) and I think it's great!
Ravenloft has good ideas in it. Dark Sun has good ideas in it. I don't want either to touch the core D&D experience with a 10 foot pole. I want them to be their own unique flavor of D&D. I don't want Eberron's unique takes on things to become core any more than I want Dark Sun's take on magic or Dragonlance's take on gnomes of Ravenloft's take on fear mechanics. YMMV.

Even as someone who thing D&D is best served buffet style with lots of options to mix and match, I don't want Eberron's unique ideas to get whittled down to warforged and magi-tech.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Oh no no no. I step away for the day and come home to find a new orcs/evil thread #324 has been started and is going exactly the same way the previous 323 did, all the same people saying the same things they always say, with an actual avalanche of post reports (because of course there is). There’s a reason we have closed every orcs/evil thread. Please stop posting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads