D&D 5E Why do you use Floating ASI's (other than power gaming)? [+]

Faolyn

(she/her)
That's not how it works. I asked for clarification, didn't receive it.

I'm not telling anybody what they are saying, I don't make assumptions and put words in people's mouths by representing what they say, habitually.
Yes, you really, really do.

Nope, you may believe it, I don't refuse to accept you have an opinion.
Except that you do, because you refuse to accept that people use floating ASIs for creative reasons.

Nope, I asked for clarification, didn't get it.
You got it. You just didn’t believe it, because you believe people only use floating ASIs to get a +3, which you believe isn’t “needed.”

Well you refused to answer the question. While harassing me over and over...
Since I had never made the claim in the first place (that it was needed), and I told you that I hadn’t. But you continued to insist that I had.

Missed anything?
Yes. Questions from most of my other posts. Such as, do you believe people are lying when they say they use floating ASIs for creative reasons?

Scribe

Legend
Except that you do, because you refuse to accept that people use floating ASIs for creative reasons
No, I accept they may believe that.

You got it. You just didn’t believe it, because you believe people only use floating ASIs to get a +3, which you believe isn’t “needed.
No, I don't believe they only use it to get a +3. To confirm however, +3 is not needed.

Such as, do you believe people are lying when they say they use floating ASIs for creative reasons?
No, they certainly may believe that is the case.

Faolyn

(she/her)
No, I accept they may believe that.

No, I don't believe they only use it to get a +3. To confirm however, +3 is not needed.

No, they certainly may believe that is the case.
So you believe that they're actually just wrong. All these people are just fooling themselves when they think they're being creative. But you, you know what they're really doing it for. You know all these people better than they know themselves.

Wow. Just wow.

So tell us, O wise one, what they are actually doing it for.

Scribe

Legend
All these people are just fooling themselves when they think they're being creative.
Not at all, of course they are being creative, if they are creating a concept, history, background, motivations, and so on.

That would be a creative endeavor.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Not at all, of course they are being creative, if they are creating a concept, history, background, motivations, and so on.

That would be a creative endeavor.
So then do tell us what you meant by "No, I accept they may believe that." and "No, they certainly may believe that is the case."

Because what you are actually saying is "They're lying to themselves. But I know what they're really doing when they have a floating +2."

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Oh, I read it and you're still reading in a contradiction that doesn't exist.
Then you’re misunderstanding my comment. Having a unified proficiency bonus progression, and having target numbers for level appropriate challenges increase to keep pace with that progression (as 5e does) absolutely contradicts the originally stated intent to make no assumptions about accuracy increasing with level so that characters’ accuracy doesn’t have to increase at a fixed rate.

Scribe

Legend
So then do tell us what you meant by "No, I accept they may believe that." and "No, they certainly may believe that is the case."
What it says on the tin?

I accept that one may believe floating ASI allows them to be creative.

You ironically telling me what I meant, remains on brand.

Remove ads