Why is this forum so slow to get new threads and replies?

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Why is this forum so slow to get new threads and replies these days? It seems like there are only a half-dozen posts a day in House Rules. Where are all the creative and helpful people at? :(

drowdude

First Post
House Rules has always been kind of a slow forum really. Although I have to agree that it has been somewhat slower of late.

Last edited:

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
It sure has been. This drought of replies to my posts and lack of new threads by others in general is killing me...

Everybody who reads this, do the forum a favor and reply to at least one thread or start a new thread!

Last edited:

Wolf72

Explorer
Yeah!

I think it's b/c most people goto the general and dnd rules forumns in their limited time ... then to house rules if they get the chance.

me? I usually start with Dorks>homebrews>monster talk>House Rules>dnd rules> then general (usually)

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Me, I go to House Rules first, then General, then whatever else I get around to. 'Course, that might be because I have so many threads goin' in House Rules... :D

GuardianLurker

Adventurer
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
Why is this forum so slow to get new threads and replies these days?
Heh. All the forums have been slow of late; I think it has to do with the fact that many (most) people's 3e campaigns are mature now. I mean, there hasn't even been a real MotW erratta thread in DnD rules yet.

Also the stuff here in House Rules seems to be breaking rapidly down into two main categories; really basic revisions that I've already seen a few hundred times (another Alt.Ranger or Anti-Paladin class anyone?) Or are really "wacky" subjects that are highly campaign specific.

But I think the basic problem is that we've entered the "Late Adopters" stage, and in general, late-adopters aren't as creative; they are often just as helpful, however.

Anyway, it's $0.02

Duganson

First Post
You must remember that to post at any board you must feel comfortable. When I post here I rarely get responses, which is just as bad as saying something mean...
We all need to come out of our shells but to those of you that consistently make quality posts you must be willing to help us muddle through our stuff before we'll do the same...:D
I say this not to make enemies, but to remind you that sometimes it feels like we're sticking our necks out just to have them chopped off...
Also soon I will be posting my Skald Prestige Class. I would consider it a great compliment if everyone gave a look and told me their honest opinion, instead of not posting at all, thanks.

Thysl in Silver

Malin Genie

First Post
I second Thysi. Although I don't have time to read many posts, I do try to give at least some feedback to the ones I do read.

And I think another part of the problem is the House Rules is now 'hidden' as a subforum of DM Stuff rather than appearing as a 'front-page' forum in its own right.

trentonjoe

Explorer
I don't know, I always go to house rules first.

Most of my replies are in this forum as well. However, there is a ton of stuff on this board and alot doesn't interest me. I imagine that is a pretty common sentiment.

Most of my threads get to about 6-12 replies (2-4 of them being useful) which is fine for my tastes.

I have found that if there is something you really want answered drop and email (or a private message when they turn that back on) to someone who's opinion you respect. Most people are flattered when you do that and are more than willing to help out.

If there is something you really want answered quick, put it in D&D rules if it is appropriate ( I find there is a pretty big overlap). YOu'll get more responses there real quick.

drowdude

First Post
I too usually hit House Rules first, then Rules, then General Discussion. If I am particularly bored I hit D20 System Games and CC Homebrews.....

Remove ads